1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Cruze Limited LT 1.4 turbo
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 1.4 Turbo ATM Cruze Limited

Hello there,
I was watching some YouTube car repair videos and noticed that the first Gen (maybe 2nd Gen too) Cruze had a smaller 2nd hose connected to the air filter box that I hadn't noticed before, mostly because my car does not have this smaller hose. I have attached some photos of my car and also a screenshot of a video that shows the hose in question.
Am I missing something? Or did they make the Cruze Limited differently? I'm not really sure the purpose of this second hose, my only guess being that it could provide filtered air for the PCV system.
If anyone is familiar with what I am talking about, some help would very much be appreciated.
Thank you!

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Tread Automotive exterior

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That just holds the box in place
There is a spot that holds the box in place, my crude drawings on the previous pictures were not "on-point" so here is some updates.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tread

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Gas Plumbing

I don't think this hose would be holding it in place.
A water-drain was mentioned, perhaps my car wasn't equipped with the hose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Water drain
Oh gotcha. Do you happen to know if I am just missing the water-drain hose? I did this year/model car not come with the hose?

Thanks again, I cant find any info on this... mostly because I didn't know what it was called to even accurately search for info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts