Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Air intake for Cruze 15 1.4t

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  NickD 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. New to the forum. I was having a drink with a friend and we decided that I'm probably going to do an air intake and a tune. I want to do exhaust but I don't want it loud. Which air intake would you guys recommend?

#2 ·
Just to be clear, you realize all you'll really gain from the intake is some turbo noise, correct? That being said, the favorite around here seems to be the K&N intake with a Injen (Amsoil) filter. As for your tune, THAT will give you the best bang for your buck as far as performance gains!

BTW, Welcome!

#8 ·
Must have different goals, while I installed very good sound systems in my Supra, motorhome, and boat, the women insisted on this. They Supra is unbearable when I put the kayak on the roof, can't seem to get all the rattles out of my motorhome. Ha, had to stop once when my wife left a baking pan in the oven. Boat is okay with the engine off, but sound system is worthless when pulling two skiers at 30 mph.

Cruze had drastic improvements when I got rid of those Continental tires and went to Goodyears, that blower wheel rubbing against that plastic shroud sure drove me nuts. Had, to do something about that. But for road quietness, is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Looking for more ways to make it even quieter.

Like classical music with a large dynamic range, but at my old age, still have excellent hearing, the quieter the vehicle, the less volume I need. With the Supra, motorhome, and boat, only time I can really enjoy the sound systems is when parked, the Cruze is the very best on the road, like to keep it this way.

While I have dug deep into tunes on the internet, still don't have the slightest idea what's going on and exactly what parameters are being changed. AF ratios can really plug up the cat, timing is controlled by the anti-knock sensors, what else is there?

Biggest fear is going to an unknown gas station, don't know what the heck you are buying when on the road. Sure made a bad choice a couple of weeks ago up north, had a choice between Shell and Holiday, chose Shell and got water in the gas and with a motorhome, barely made it home. Son is always going up north, he told me the same thing, should have chose that Holiday station.

Least going down to Milwaukee or Chicago, can make it on one tank of gas with the Cruze so don't have to make this choice.

#10 ·
Lmao cool story bro. That was a very long winded way of saying you like how quiet the Cruze is. It really is decently quiet on the road, not as quiet as my Malibu was (it was like being in a library) but much better then my Kia Rio I just got rid of. I'm not too worried about what I hear but more so how people hear me. In New Jersey a loud car is a target for the state to make revenue on sticking it to tax payers.

#11 ·
Yeah, my daughter was stopped in Milwaukee with just a small hole in her muffler, was given warning ticket and had to send in proof it was repaired Just a four banger like the Cruze, not nearly the noise of any truck and in particular, a Harley with straight pipes. But they don't bother with those, just these little cars.

Also have to be very accommodating and polite or may end up with seven bullets in you. Just another stupid question, isn't just one bullet sufficient?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.