Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from New Zealand, I have been lurking on this forum for a little while now and thought I would post my first thread.
I have a 2013 Diesel Cruze for 9 months now and its a good car with lots of power especially on the open road.
I found out that the heater is sloe to work in the - 5 degrees Celsius we get here which was a bit usual but not so usual after I looked on this forum!!!!!!
The dealer said they changed the "thermostat" but it still takes a long time to warm up and the heater to work which is a bit annoying.......
which brings me to my query, I noticed after they did the service and the warranty work on the thermostat and the heated rear window the every so often I am getting
outside smells(especially noticing exhaust smells ) inside the car even though the recirculating switch is always on with the air conditioning when it is working, my wife noticed it as well but its not consistent in that we do always smell it each time when driving
is thee a easy way to determine what the cause is before I try the dealers under warrney
Thank you in advance
[h=2][/h]

·
10,712 Posts
The American diesel has an auxiliary heater helping them warm the inside faster. The recirc never fully shuts off outside air and allows fresh air in for the American Cruze. Not sure if the non US versions have the same rules with this. Were you sitting still at a light when you noticed the fumes?

·
10,712 Posts
If you have the window sticker, it may list all the options there. Private messaging one of the Chevy customer car representatives your Vin may help give you a build sheet of what all came in your car if they can access overseas Vins.

·
10,712 Posts
I'm thinking the op is getting fumes from somebody else (because it lets in some outside air) , then just recircing it it for a while.so it stays longer( have heard of this before in another vehicle) .
Yes, the recirc doesn't fully close as requirements dictate how much fresh air is needed to get into the vehicle. I can't find any literature on what the current requirements is.

Only other thing I can think of is charcoal hvac filter to lessen the smell/harshness. There is no way to seal off the car completely w/o supplying/producing your own oxygen source.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,524 Posts
Yes, the recirc doesn't fully close as requirements dictate how much fresh air is needed to get into the vehicle. I can't find any literature on what the current requirements is.

Only other thing I can think of is charcoal hvac filter to lessen the smell/harshness. There is no way to seal off the car completely w/o supplying/producing your own oxygen source.
10%. Agreed on the charcoal filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.