Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one
i just bought cruze 2015 with only 5000 miles , the car look new and good
i just realized that the driver side knee airbag is deployed :( . and the air bag light never came on the onstar system diagnostic report clean and
they told me safety system is good . am now afraid from the car , how i can check if air bag system is realy good . and how there is a deployed airbag and light is off :(
appreciate your help Regards ,,,

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Is it really deployed, or did someone just pry at the door thinking it was an access door? To me, looks uneven like someone has been prying at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought it from private party ,
i never know and didnt notice that there is AirBag there , i just thought because no airbag light is on that every thing is ok .

·
Registered
351 Posts
i hope so , i looked inside it and its empty box .
So it's a deployed airbag, that's for sure. So what the previous owner did, I think, he bypassed the airbag relay so it would not report back to onstar next time he turned the engine on. You need to do some deep investigation in this.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx all for your responses ,
so ist something i should worry about , is it very important the knee airbag ? , am afraid if i take to the dealer it will cost me a lot .

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,910 Posts
How long ago did you purchase the vehicle? What country? You may have some recourse if it was in an accident and not reported. Have Eric run the car fax for you. You can also go through the BBB as well.

I am not a lawyer!

Edit: I re-read the post as saw what l missed.

Welcome Aboard! :welcome:

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
so ist something i should worry about , is it very important the knee airbag ? , am afraid if i take to the dealer it will cost me a lot .
Those things have the power of a bullet and are VERY dangerous, not sure how you couldn't notice it. In any event you must take this back to a dealer as for all you know the whole system has been compromised. The repair might even be covered under your auto insurance.

·
Registered
351 Posts
It means your vehicle it might had a colission

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Unless this was a repair accident, I doubt if only the knee bag deployed. I'd think a check of the entire airbag system is in order.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The Sensing and Deployment Module (SDM). Is the brains of the SRS system. It is looking for about 2.5 ohms at every explosive part of the SRS system (bags and belts). I believe on a Cruze the are 14 of them! It's possible that a 2.5 ohm resistor has wired into the system to simulate the airbag. The knee bag would not blow without the wheel bag blowing and both seatbelt pre-tensioners also blowing. The question is was the car in an accident? The wheel bag can found fairly cheaply, but the driver's knee bag is more expensive. There are also wheel bag simulator covers. I'd get the wheel bag pulled to be sure it's not fake, and I'd look for a cheat of the knee bag!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
You might want to use the free consultation many lawyers offer. Although this was a private sale, I think the failure to disclose a material safety defect in the "repair" of the airbag system would be significant and quite possibly voids the "as-is" arrangement.

SOMEone had to know what was happening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Eric I'm new to the site and love it already. I see you work for a dealer, Can you please tell me how to replace the passenger side airbag on the dash and knee, Or maybe the procedure for this and maybe a picture or something? I am working on a 14 Chevy Cruze.
Thanks
Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts