Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a stupid question, but has anyone found a way to keep the intake inside the engine compartment and make or buy an airbox? the factory intake is sealed as to not draw in hot air from the engine. so most people run the tube and filter down into the fender but that can lead to sucking water into the intake. creating a box encasing the filter and draw air up the tube like the stock intake would prevent pulling hot air and minimize the dangers of pulling water into the system. plus a water catch/drain could be incorporated into the design just like the stock one. just a thought i had, and haven't seen anything about it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
On my '12 1.4, I pulled out the factory air box and then the piece connecting to the silencer below the airbox. I cut the bottom half of the connector off and reinstalled it and the airbox. Some here just remove the connecting piece, bit then the airbox isn't mounted very solidly. After modification cool air is drawn out of the inner fender area. I can hear the turbo spool and light sucking sounds.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVROLETBUICK-13301777-GENUINE-OEM-AIR-CLEANER-BODY-/121681051572?fits=Model:Cruze&hash=item1c54c17fb4&vxp=mtr
I cut pretty much right where number 14 is pointing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts