Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my alarm has started acting up for no apparent reason. Doors locked, no one around, remote on keyhook, and alarm goes off. Never happened before, happened 3 or 4 times this evening. Checked all doors, trunk, hood, etc... Good weather, warm and dry. Any ideas why this might happen? I have had the negative battery cable replaced,, any other electrical items to check? Door switch maybe?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
A few people have complained about a bad door latch switch. Keep an eye out for an alert while driving. That will tell you which door is the problem.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I thought I heard the car can do this to let you know the batteries in the fob are near dead, it might not be this car though, maybe another car and I'm just confused, I'm going to look it up when I have another free moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
I thought I heard the car can do this to let you know the batteries in the fob are near dead,
The Cruze should show a message in the DIC if the remote battery is weak.

We have had members complain of random door open alarms while driving. They also had random alarms going off when parked. Same root cause - the car thinks a door has opened when it hasn't.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The Cruze should show a message in the DIC if the remote battery is weak.

We have had members complain of random door open alarms while driving. They also had random alarms going off when parked. Same root cause - the car thinks a door has opened when it hasn't.
Or that! That sounds more like it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
So i May be revamping an old thread but have a question with this. My car just started doing this tonight. However it’s not just when the car is locked. I park the car and get out without touching the fob and the alarm goes off. No problem throughout the day and no door or trunk open alarms. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also experiencing the same issue with my 2011 chev cruze. Please can someone help me with the solution to this problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts