Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, what do you think of these two spoilers?

2009 2011 chevrolet cruze carbon fiber spoiler rear trunk lip spoiler rear wing-in Spoilers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Trunk-Spoiler-For-Chevrolet-Cruze-with-LED-Stop-Signal-Indicator/853713578.html

Obviously they are fake carbon. I'm guessing it is ABS plastic with a hydrodipped carbon pattern, or something like that. Has anyone had experience with these spoilers or with this website? Never bought anything from it.

Thanks for the advice. :)

edit: had the same link twice

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts
If its the same as other "Carbon Fiber" pieces, its fiberglass with a single layer of real CF and clear coat. In other words it will work perfect and be lightweight, but brittle and can crack easier if hit/etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just questionable about the fitment on such a suspiciously cheap product. Ill probably just end up ordering it anyway and seeing what happens.

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts
It will fit, but you will most likely have to drill two or three holes into your trunk lid in order to install. That or it will be held down with 3M tape, which means anyone can pull it off if they get their finger under it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
These do fit. I've seen both of these installed before. The lip spoiler does fit, and the raised trunk spoiler does require drilling into the trunk just like other raised spoilers. As Smurfenstein has pointed out these are typical single-layered CF products with ABS underneath, which is still pretty light.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Post pictures if you get one kinda curious of the mounting and some better shots of the quality.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,936 Posts
Post pictures if you get one kinda curious of the mounting and some better shots of the quality.
OP has not been online since Sep2013 and as you probably saw, the links no longer work. Just go to AliExpress.com and search for whatever types they have now. It is just like Amazon basically.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Didnt see that I just happened soon those last night while couch surfing and that post popped up. Really torn between this or a carbon qtm spoiler....

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts