Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I’ve been searching for someone with a similar problem but I have come up empty.

Out of the blue I noticed that my key fob wasn’t working for my door looks (standard key start) Forcing me to use the key in the door to enter the vehicle. When I tried the button in the centre console it also didn’t do anything for the door locks.

Interestingly the trunk can still be opened and closed on the keys, and will lock and unlock using the interior or key fob buttons. I think it’s very strange that all the door locks would suddenly die. I’ve been thinking it‘s a fuse, but if it is one I cannot figure out which one it would be.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I had a 2007 HHR, the drivers' side door would not open at all....had to climb out the passenger side door (love that console) the radio would not turn off and, if I recall correctly, the ignition key would not go to the "off" position.
Brought it to the dealer, next day, a phone call....a module located in the driver side door failed. $141, please.

I was alarmed....who else had this problem....no recall, no nothing. Absolutely could not open the driver side door.

**** these electronics....the "engineers" are really outsmarting themselves....that was the 3rd electronic problem I had with this HHR in 4 months. Despite the fact that I really liked this car, I sold it.....had no confidence it it anymore....so....what did I buy to replace it? A 2014 CRUZE.
MORE electronics. Can't get away from it.........................

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hey everyone,

I’ve been searching for someone with a similar problem but I have come up empty.

Out of the blue I noticed that my key fob wasn’t working for my door looks (standard key start) Forcing me to use the key in the door to enter the vehicle. When I tried the button in the centre console it also didn’t do anything for the door locks.

Interestingly the trunk can still be opened and closed on the keys, and will lock and unlock using the interior or key fob buttons. I think it’s very strange that all the door locks would suddenly die. I’ve been thinking it‘s a fuse, but if it is one I cannot figure out which one it would be.

thanks in advance!
Check F10 in the dash fuse box. It supplies the door lock actuators. Also check F3. I it supplies the switches.

Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts