Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but it is bizarre as ****. Occasionally I will be sitting idle at a stoplight and all of a sudden my gauges go all the way over to the right, then back down to normal. Since this happen, the speedo goes up causing the radio volume to increase since it registers it being over X speed. This happens maybe two to three times a month at best. It doesn't do anything else to the car or actually affect the idle or anything of the vehicle. Its just like a weird hiccup. I can take it to the dealer, but of course they will blow me off since it doesn't happen in front of them and I did mention it beforehand, but "Unless they see or hear the issue occur" they don't do anything besides saying "Well we were unable to replicate".

Any ideas? I know my car is up to date as well.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Poor connection someplace, ignition switch really isn't like the older ones with high current switches in it, but fires commands to the PCM and BCM to turn things on. Then that point contact relay box near the battery could have not so good of a relay.

Did manage to get one of those European manuals off the web, but nothing like the US manuals. Won't even think about that until the warranty runs out. At this stage, major problem is convincing your dealer, problem could go away or leave you stranded someplace.

Apparently, its an intermittent problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts