Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrapped every piece of chrome in the interior with gloss black vinyl. I also love the look of the clean euro cruze bumper, so i also wrapped my side markers silver.

Here are some pictures!

Disassembled the whole dash:

Door handles:

Painted the steering wheel emblem and wrapped the cluster surround:

And here's the full interior shot:

Here are the sidemarkers as well:

·
Registered
444 Posts
where the **** did u get those side markers!?? :signs015: they look great!

·
Registered
444 Posts
oh i didnt read that right, i see u wrapped them, so my question would be does light still emit from the markers?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
how hard was it too pull every piece off?i really like your center console ,im getting tried of the black.
Thanks, I didn't find it too hard. It just takes some patience.

And the light doesn't show through a whole lot from the markers either. I don't really mind though, I was actually tempted to pull the bulb out completely lol.

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
Thanks, I didn't find it too hard. It just takes some patience.

And the light doesn't show through a whole lot from the markers either. I don't really mind though, I was actually tempted to pull the bulb out completely lol.
Just remember its actually illegal to not have a amber light/reflector in the front corners on the car.

Just like you have to have red on the rear corner. That's why our tail lights wrap around the corner.

If they didn't they would have to install a red light/reflector by itself.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Our headlights wrap around quite a ways. That may be sufficient to keep the light police away. I agree it's a risky move legally, however.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i have to disagree to an extent. im not trying to support illegal mods or whatnot, but i dont think you would have that much of a problem with those covered up. a cop at least where i have experience is made fun of for pulling people over and righting them for nonsense. and at least where i live now there more concerned with gang bangers and murders then even speeding let alone a marker light covered up. but it COULD happen, i wouldnt say that it WOULD tho. just my 2cents :uhh:

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
Our headlights wrap around quite a ways. That may be sufficient to keep the light police away. I agree it's a risky move legally, however.
Yes the head lights do wrap around as well, but its a clear lens with no amber reflector. If it was like the Australian one then you'd be good.

I'm only saying this because I've been checked for it on a safety inspection and failed because I had altezza tails(on my tiburon) with no red reflector. And the guy throughly explained the reason. So I had to switch back to my stock tails to pass.

Btw I like the center console. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
The interior looks real good! I would like to wrap some things in carbon fiber, do you have any other pics? How hard was it to pull off the trim around the gauges?

I hate that this site makes the pics small.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yes the head lights do wrap around as well, but its a clear lens with no amber reflector. If it was like the Australian one then you'd be good.

I'm only saying this because I've been checked for it on a safety inspection and failed because I had altezza tails(on my tiburon) with no red reflector. And the guy throughly explained the reason. So I had to switch back to my stock tails to pass.

Btw I like the center console. :)

ok ya on the aspect of it passing an inspection ya u wont with that but, in the aspect of being pulled over id say dont worry about it just IMO. and off topic but Collins can u check ur PM's.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
^Think the inspector was just trying to save your dignity. Lol

I've had mine dipped for some time now without an issue. The headlights are pretty noticeable at night. Unless you're driving with them off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know that legally i COULD be ticketed for it, but if they're digging that deep, I'll also be getting tickets for tinted front windows, tinted headlights and tails etc lol. I'm not worried about it honestly. Thanks everyone for the feed back on the interior! Also the trim around the gauges comes off very easily. It was fun figuring out to take off the panel that has the little "airbag" emblem to take out the vents to do the rings around them haha.

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
^Think the inspector was just trying to save your dignity. Lol

I've had mine dipped for some time now without an issue. The headlights are pretty noticeable at night. Unless you're driving with them off.
Yeah yeah (they -ebay- shipped me the wrong set. I ordered the smoked tails and they sent me the altezza so I said what ever)

I was never referring to that the cop would pull u over.
Only that cars are Sopose to have them and just a heads up if you get put in the same situation (inspector being a ass) that is all. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
simply agreed, nobody should give you a hassel with yours.....

p.s. real nice work on the sticker bombed dash....looks awesome dude!

i have to disagree to an extent. im not trying to support illegal mods or whatnot, but i dont think you would have that much of a problem with those covered up. a cop at least where i have experience is made fun of for pulling people over and righting them for nonsense. and at least where i live now there more concerned with gang bangers and murders then even speeding let alone a marker light covered up. but it COULD happen, i wouldnt say that it WOULD tho. just my 2cents :uhh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts