Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 850 Posts

·
Administrator
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone, hope your enjoying your CRUZE.

Now lets find out where your all from... and what engine your have on your Cruze. ( 1.4, 1.6.....so on)

Have fun!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
312 Posts
...is there a "POLL" option available on this forum?

...maybe separate polls asking:

• LOCATION?: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, etc.

• ENGINE?: 1.4LT, 1.6L, 1.8L, diesel, etc.

...would that be an Administrator function or can one of us do that?

there is a poll option available to us members. when you create a new thread if you scroll to the bottom you will see a option to create a poll. i hope his helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings from upstate SC.

I'm not an owner but interested when the ECO comes out. Right now we have a very reliable Honda Fit. Window tint to SC maximum and special aftermarket soundproofing. It runs great and 27mpg in the city, 35mpg at 75 on the interstates.
I have 2 complaints. Excessive road noise and front seat leg room. Honda is deaf and I vote with my money. Next car will be quiet and have adequate front seat room.
Sounds a lot like a Chevy Cruze

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hello Everyone. I just got my Cruze 1.8 a couple of weeks ago. I tried out all kinds of cars within a certain budget plan but when I saw this one and then drove it the plan went right out the window! lol I love this car! Great looks and huge on the comfort factor!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new too!

So i'm getting my Cruze on Wednesday. 1.4 Turbocharged LTZ in Imperial Black Metallic with Jet Black Leather interior. Wanted the RS package but I don't think there are an Black ones available in Cali. I'm in Los Angeles, CA and I can't wait to get this thing. I have big plans! Haha. Or as far as the wallet will let me go. Here's my list so far...

-Double Limo Tint on all windows
-BMC Body Kit
-Shark Fin Radio Antenna
-19" Wheels (haven't picked any yet, maybe go with some 18's)
-would be nice to upgrade the stock 6 speaker stereo, but haven't seen any sub kits for this car yet. might have to build my own box.

Any other suggestions?

-Crashrider

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
There are 0 RS package Cruze's on dealer lots as of right now. Some members special ordered theres and a couple got them last week, they're super rare at the moment.

Good choice on the LTZ though, do you have a pic of the BMC body kit?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I realize I didn't state where I am from. I live in Courtenay, Vancouver Island and am the first Cruze owner in the Comox Valley. My one claim to fame? Its neat to drive around and realize I won't see anyone else in my car. lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey there, got my Cruze the other day. Crystal red metallic 2LT with 4 wheel disc brakes and 18" wheel option.

Although I'm a little confused so maybe you guys can help me sort this out. Not that it matters much, I'm just curious.

I see on the Chevy site that the option for 4 wheel disc and larger wheels for the 2LT comes with 17" wheels. The tires they put on mine are Continental ContiProContact P225/50R17 93H

I'm guessing the R17 stands for 17"? So all that indicates 17" wheels, but when I physically measure the wheel (just the wheel not the tire) it measures 18.5"

I know the LTZ comes with 18" right? So did they give me 18" wheels or 17" wheels? Not that I'm complaining either way. I love the car and I love the wheels. I will be taking pics of my new ride today and post them up later tonight in one of the other threads about pics. That reminds me I have to charge my digicam's batteries. So much to do so little time. Also go to put some miles on the machine. I only have 87 miles on it. I should take pics of the odo too I won't be seeing such low mileage again for some time! Good times good times!

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
According to GMFamilyFirst, you can only get 17" on a 2LT unless you have the RS package, which is highly doubtful. I don't think any dealers nationwide have an RS on hand

edit: and yes, R17 means 17", its the diameter of the tire from inside to inside. There's no way you have a 17" tire on an 18" wheel lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
No I don't have the RS package. So yeah as I suspected they are indeed 17" wheels. But they measure 18.5" because of the flange I suppose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to GMFamilyFirst, you can only get 17" on a 2LT unless you have the RS package, which is highly doubtful. I don't think any dealers nationwide have an RS on hand

edit: and yes, R17 means 17", its the diameter of the tire from inside to inside. There's no way you have a 17" tire on an 18" wheel lol
Hey shawn i am a new member originally from Rochester, N.Y. now living in Temple, GA. I ordered my car a white LTZ RS on 10/16 went to the dealer yesterday to check the status still no word. Looking forword to being home for the holidays, maybe I'll stop by Bob Johnson's to see if anyone knows when the light colors will be released. Good luck with car and happy holiday..:)

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Hey JustCrusin! I hope Johnsons has some better news for ya, there's also a website to track chevy orders, its been posted on here before but I don't recall the exact URL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, middle of November a lady pulled out in front of me and it ended up totalling my 06 Grand Prix. So now that lead me to the Cruze, I was gonna get a 2LT off the lot, but the Mrs. thought I would be happier with a car with every color and option I wanted, which led me to ordering a Taupe Gray LTZ RS through my dealer. I'm loving the Cruze Talk Community!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Got our Cruze.....finally.

I've been a member of the Forum for a month or so, but we finally got our 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS. Exterior is taupe grey metallic and the interior is the charcoal/brick color combination with all the options except the sun roof. We absolutely love it so far. We have just 235 miles on the odo. Those 18" (OEM) wheels are easily identified as the split 5 spoke design. Those of you awaiting your RS equipped Cruze's, hang in there....the wait is worth it. I hope you get them soon. Best Wishes to all this holiday season.:)

Location: Michigan :D Children are smiling this evening as schools are closing tomorrow due to our first snow storm of the winter!

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
I've been a member of the Forum for a month or so, but we finally got our 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS. Exterior is taupe grey metallic and the interior is the charcoal/brick color combination with all the options except the sun roof. We absolutely love it so far. We have just 235 miles on the odo. Those 18" (OEM) wheels are easily identified as the split 5 spoke design. Those of you awaiting your RS equipped Cruze's, hang in there....the wait is worth it. I hope you get them soon. Best Wishes to all this holiday season.:)

Location: Michigan :D Children are smiling this evening as schools are closing tomorrow due to our first snow storm of the winter!
omg post picturessssssssss :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Posting those pics....

I will do just that as soon as the above mentioned storm gives us a break and the sun shines. The Cruze should look good with the fresh snow as a back ground.:cool: Plus, the car is in need of a wash and our temperatures are headed for single digits early this week.:(

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm new here! Hi everyone! :D

I'm in Canada, and I just ordered my Cruze 2 days ago, another 134 days to go! I currently have a GMAC lease that expires late April. I am awaiting my 2011 Cruze ECO in Crystal Red. I ordered the Pioneer System, Connectivity Package and Remote Start add ons. Coming out of a plain-jane 2007 G5 SE with no added options other than power and A/C, I must say I am quite excited to have more bells and whistles! (although I do love my G5, she's been a very good girl! :p)

I work in the industry and had the opportunity to drive a couple pre-prod Cruze's and I was nothing short of impressed. I fell in love immediately and got to work on pricing out the one I wanted! I really wanted the 2LT with the RS package, but couldn't justify the cost of replacing 18" wheels. I plan on keeping my red beaut for a long long time!

I look forward to talking with other Cruze enthusiasts, as I'm pretty sure I'm driving everyone around me nuts!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Decision on buying Cruze

I was on the fence between a Jetta and Cruze. Glad I went with the Cruze. Picked up the LTZ red metallic with black interior two weeks ago. We live in Minneapolis so it got a workout in tough weather from the git go. Performs great in snow! The remote start is so nice to have, especially when the temp drops below zero! The only thing I would like to have included is the fog lamps. Can these be added?

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
I was on the fence between a Jetta and Cruze. Glad I went with the Cruze. Picked up the LTZ red metallic with black interior two weeks ago. We live in Minneapolis so it got a workout in tough weather from the git go. Performs great in snow! The remote start is so nice to have, especially when the temp drops below zero! The only thing I would like to have included is the fog lamps. Can these be added?
Yup, there's a kit from GM thats a tad over $200 I believe. It includes the lights, the new switch and all parts needed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I too want the fogs, and I was quoted $385 (CAD) installed.

1 - 20 of 850 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.