Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Cruz ltz with rs package. 1.4 turbo auto. I have 110k miles. I found this thread because I recently broke down. Short story left for work the other morning, warmed up normal but took longer than normal to blow warm air. Checked my coolant before leaving work was fine. Same issue on the way home. Drove an hour to my local town. Was sitting in drive thru when I saw my temp gauge go up one notch then back to normal. Then it started blowing out cold air. My fans kicked in and I saw the temp gauge start rising. Luckily I had just gotten my food. Turned the defrost on high and temp max. Still blowing cold air and the temp gauge was steadily rising until it said engine over temp, idle. I pulled over let it idle open the hood and validated it was over heating. I got back in the car and as I was shutting it down the car said change oil soon and engine power reduced. I shut it off, got a ride home. Picked it up later with my trailer. Coolant was full but engine oil empty. It all went in the radiator. What could have caused this?

·
Super Moderator
6,967 Posts
I have a 2014 Cruz ltz with rs package. 1.4 turbo auto. I have 110k miles. I found this thread because I recently broke down. Short story left for work the other morning, warmed up normal but took longer than normal to blow warm air. Checked my coolant before leaving work was fine. Same issue on the way home. Drove an hour to my local town. Was sitting in drive thru when I saw my temp gauge go up one notch then back to normal. Then it started blowing out cold air. My fans kicked in and I saw the temp gauge start rising. Luckily I had just gotten my food. Turned the defrost on high and temp max. Still blowing cold air and the temp gauge was steadily rising until it said engine over temp, idle. I pulled over let it idle open the hood and validated it was over heating. I got back in the car and as I was shutting it down the car said change oil soon and engine power reduced. I shut it off, got a ride home. Picked it up later with my trailer. Coolant was full but engine oil empty. It all went in the radiator. What could have caused this?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Sounds like a few issues. I would check your temp sensors and probably change out the negative battery cable to start.

Special Coverage #14311: Negative Battery Cable

As for the oil, start by looking at the oil cooler and its seals.

How-To: Change the Oil Cooler Seals

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

EDIT: I almost forgot, just for grins, do the checks listed in the post as well:

2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

1 - 2 of 2 Posts