1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
About Time! Unfortunately I've seen too many promises over the years to believe this until I see it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Give me a Cruze Hatch Diesel M6 and I'll be the first in line.

Reactions: Blue Angel

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...pharaphasing Orson Welles: "...no WHINE before its TIME..." (wink,wink)!

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
We got manuals in the 1LT and 2LT's. We got a diesel (even if only in automatic). Let's see what may come next...

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...anybody else notice the comment about a "new" 1.5L engine? Wonder what happened to the 1.6LT they're already using in the China and Australian model Cruzes? Replacement for the current 1.6L and 1.8L non-turbo engines?

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Yeah! And a 6M Diesel would be nice too.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,531 Posts
...anybody else notice the comment about a "new" 1.5L engine? Wonder what happened to the 1.6LT they're already using in the China and European model Cruzes? Replacement for the current 1.8L non-turbo engine?
Like Ford's 1.6T, I think the MPG is disappointing.

That's meant to be a performance engine, not an economy-conscious one.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...anybody else notice the comment about a "new" 1.5L engine? Wonder what happened to the 1.6LT they're already using in the China and European model Cruzes? Replacement for the current 1.8L non-turbo engine?
The 1.5L engine has been rumored for some months now to replace the 1.4L engine in the second gen. Cruze. It's made in Flint (IIRC) and likely as the 1.5L will be. The 1.6L engine is not made here and would further dilute the domestic content, as well as possibly impacting labor in the current powertrain plant. Guessing the 1.5L motor will be a bored out 1.4L design and thus easily done in the current manufacturing facility. It will be interesting to see what the hp and torque will be of the new 1.5L mill. My guesstimet is 160.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,531 Posts
The 1.5L engine has been rumored for some months now to replace the 1.4L engine in the second gen. Cruze. It's made in Flint (IIRC) and likely as the 1.5L will be. The 1.6L engine is not made here and would further dilute the domestic content, as well as possibly impacting labor in the current powertrain plant. Guessing the 1.5L motor will be a bored out 1.4L design and thus easily done in the current manufacturing facility. It will be interesting to see what the hp and torque will be of the new 1.5L mill. My guesstimet is 160.
160 would give the Cruze much-needed competence out on the road in stock form.

Hopefully the slight bump in stroke/displacement will provide more low-end power as well without the assistance of the turbocharger (better city F.E. to compete with cars EPA rated in the 30's), and a larger turbocharger for top-end power.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
If I've read things correctly, the second gen. Cruze has a longer wheelbase and will have additional steel in the front end to pass the "small offset crash tests". I speculate the new Cruze could be as much as 200 pounds heavier than the current model. The extra displacement/hp will be needed to haul that extra weight around. A hatchback might add at least 50 more pounds to the mix. Pictures at 11.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
160 would give the Cruze much-needed competence out on the road in stock form.

Hopefully the slight bump in stroke/displacement will provide more low-end power as well without the assistance of the turbocharger (better city F.E. to compete with cars EPA rated in the 30's), and a larger turbocharger for top-end power.
We've become so desperate we are celebrating a 0.1L increase in engine size.. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Betting the new 1.5L has D.I. too.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts