Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
2013 Cruze LT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No need to wait for the racerX one. I just replaced my plastic one, but I will 100% get one of these when I have to work on my cooling system or the outlet starts leaking again.

MITZONE Upgraded Aluminum Coolant Housing Water Outlet Compatible with 2011-2020 Chevy Cruze Sonic Trax Volt Buick Encore 1.4L Replace 902-846 25193922
Amazon.com: MITZONE Upgraded Aluminum Coolant Housing Water Outlet Compatible with 2011-2020 Chevy Cruze Sonic Trax Volt Buick Encore 1.4L Replace 902-846 25193922 : Automotive

Registered
Man, where the hell was THAT last year? :ROFLMAO: Looks like it'd be a nice upgrade.

Reactions: Thebigzeus

Registered
2013 Cruze LT
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meanwhile.. ZZP being ZZP and marking it up in price for the same part lol

Registered
Meanwhile.. ZZP being ZZP and marking it up in price for the same part lol

How much was it when you could buy it on Amazon?

Registered
I just bought one ($31 total) just to see if its a quality piece.

Reviews are saying the outlet doesnt come with mounting bolts, so we'll all probably have to source those.

Reactions: PAChevyCruze

Registered
2013 Cruze LT
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just bought one ($31 total) just to see if its a quality piece.

Reviews are saying the outlet doesnt come with mounting bolts, so we'll all probably have to source those.
Even though the pic shows it, that鈥檚 weird. Take bolts out of the old one?

Registered
Bolts in the plastic ones are captured. Not sure if you can break them out or not. I might have an old outlet in old parts pile out in the garage I can bust up to try....

Registered
Pretty sure you can pop the old bolts out. Now instead of that stupid circlip arrangement going down to a 5/16th plastic fitting (in the 5/16ths vent hose that goes to the recovery tank) why not simply have a 5/16ths hose fitting welded to the top of the outlet? The cut that plastic fitting off (which breaks) and push the flex hose onto the fitting with a hose clamp?

In fact a made an adaptor on the lathe out of steel that does the same thing.. with a 5/16ths brass hose fitting that the hose pushes on to.

Registered
Got this a couple days ago. It's design is exactly the same as the plastic piece, so everything will mount the same as OEM. IMO made from a decent quality material, too. Worth the money just to have in reserve for now.

....and yup, no bolts in the box, but it did have the sensor and overflow hose adapter with their clips.. So there's that....

Reactions: Thebigzeus

Registered
I need a water outlet, within a week. The Mitzone is not available on Amazon that I can see, but is available from ZZP for $50. I read all reviews on Amazon, looks like other than having to get the old bolts out of the old housing, only one person had an issue, which was that it leaked.

Should I pay ZZP $50 for a $20? part, or go oem?

Registered
I need a water outlet, within a week. The Mitzone is not available on Amazon that I can see, but is available from ZZP for $50. I read all reviews on Amazon, looks like other than having to get the old bolts out of the old housing, only one person had an issue, which was that it leaked.

Should I pay ZZP $50 for a $20? part, or go oem?
I saw it on Amazon for $30.. From past experience with the plastic ones I'd go with the aluminium one.

Registered
I did find another listing on Amazon that is available, for $30, but fastest delivery is October 12-13. I'll spend far more than that driving my Xterra 140 miles a day instead of the Cruze lol.

Premium Member
Great to see 1.4L getting some aftermarket upgrades. The 1.8L has had an aluminum aftermarket water outlet and thermostat for awhile now.

I鈥檝e had mine on my 1.8L for about 5 years now with no issues to main outlet. The cooling lines that hookup to outlet still break sometimes tho.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts