Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Original Poster-

So this is more than just a Bluetooth Dongle, it's also giving you access to BlueDriver Software, software which can not be run on a generic Bluetooth Dongle?

If it's capable of ABS and BCM codes and maybe live data then maybe it is much more powerful than a torque and a standard dongle.

Any specific GM reviews of the tool in action that you can point us to?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What sets this apart from the $20 ones Ive used in the past with Torque?
LOL... didn't post to sell it myself or explain it's capabilities. I found the sale checked it out and liked what I saw, so I bought one. You can do your own research. But you only have 30 minutes until the sale is over.

BLUEDRIVER FEATURES

Read and Clear CEL Codes:
Confirmed, Pending, and Permanent for all makes,

Read and Clear Enhanced Codes: e.g. ABS, Airbag, Transmission, etc for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and Nissan (available worldwide), as well as BMW, VW, and 2003+ Honda (available in North America),

Repair Reports: Code Definition, Possible Causes, Reported Fixes (Vehicle-specific for each DTC),

Freeze Frame: Vehicle snapshot when a code is stored,

Smog Check: See if the vehicle is ready for a smog test,

Mode 6: Advanced test results (like misfire counts),

Live Data: Display multiple PIDs as a graph, gauge, or digital readout (or export the log to a file)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:signlol:It's all good.
1) Some of us like our products packaged with software and support. The BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool has it all, is highly rated, and in comparison to the other Dongles WITH software the flash sale made it very competitive.
2) Not a blatant marketing post. I saw a deal (in my opinion) and I shared it. I could give a flying FVck is anybody buys it. Just trying to help.
3) Why would anybody wait for years for a product that won't be proven, and definitely won't have solid product support. Want to pay me to Beta it for you? No? Then piss off.
:signlol:But like I said, it's all good. I'll have mine today knowing that it is a proven device that WILL support each and every vehicle I own.

Mod can close this thread now that the sale is over.

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
:signlol:It's all good.
1) Some of us like our products packaged with software and support. The BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool has it all, is highly rated, and in comparison to the other Dongles WITH software the flash sale made it very competitive.
2) Not a blatant marketing post. I saw a deal (in my opinion) and I shared it. I could give a flying FVck is anybody buys it. Just trying to help.
3) Why would anybody wait for years for a product that won't be proven, and definitely won't have solid product support. Want to pay me to Beta it for you? No? Then piss off.
:signlol:But like I said, it's all good. I'll have mine today knowing that it is a proven device that WILL support each and every vehicle I own.

Mod can close this thread now that the sale is over.
Not you marketing... Me.

That little device is a elm327 with an mfi tax. It brings nothing to the table that the $20 ones don't do, and is of roughly the same quality. I just don't want people wasting their money.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Received it the next day and it is a very nicely developed and packaged unit. Sturdy Blue tooth module linked to very solid software, Immediately performed a firmware upgrade. Identified all 3 of my vehicles without a hitch from a 2005 GMC Yukon 8.1L then to my 2013 Sonic and finally my 2015 Diesel Cruze. After about 2 days of driving all tests were complete and no codes were thrown. Did have one body code, but that was related to the daytime running lights and License Plate light sync. Everything works as promised including the emissions testing mode which checks all of those pesky diesel sensors (still got a clean bill of health).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not you marketing... Me.

That little device is a elm327 with an mfi tax. It brings nothing to the table that the $20 ones don't do, and is of roughly the same quality. I just don't want people wasting their money.
Um, thank you for your opinion? Glad I provided you with the right to have that opinion. Good day.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And over 2 years later it still is getting EVERYTHING I need done.

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
Regens, BCM Codes, HMICM codes, CCM codes, TCM Codes....

I would be extremely happy if a generic obd2 device could service these vehicles. And maybe in 2005 that was true. Not so much today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.