Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here we go,,, 2013 Eco,,,20k miles,,,using the TRIFECTA tune,,,the 18th of June the CEL came on and remained on till I took it to my dealer the next day,,,the first diagnosis was turbo problem of some sort,,,Made an appointment the following Monday,,,and cleared the code and asked if I noticed any performance issues while driving ,,,I have not had any so far,,,,,seems the guy had the proverbial dazed look like "I don't know whats going on look" and then he called 1 of the mechanics over and the mechanic said he would need to take a look at to check something,,,,said something to the effect of stuck open or stuck closed,,,so appointment was made and I drove it home,,,,

Sunday,,3 days later,,,the day before my appointment I put the stock tune back in place of the Trifecta tune,,,,so I show up first thing Monday Morning to leave the car with them and the same guy looks at me and asks why am I here ,,, then proceeds to look at a computer screen and then says I remember you but I cant find nothing about my previous visit,,,,I recap the previous visit ,,but he still can't find his notes,,, so he asks me if the CEL came back on,,it had not come on ,, so he says since it is not on I might as well drive it till it does come back on,,,,,,Well about 3 days ago the low tire sensor went off saying my left front tire was low at 28 lbs,,,,After checking multiple times with different gauges the tire has 35 lbs of pressure,,,,little did I know that when you rotate tires you need to perform the relearn the wheel positions,,,,,

and then last night the CEL came back on ,, so I get up bright and early and run my car down to the dealership and he does a relearn process on my wheels and says when can you come back and leave the car with us,,,,,,,

Geeeez what next,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
You need to be very upfront about what you are dropping your car off for. Talk to the like children but in a respectful way. I would also write down what you need done and your experience. It sounds more like miscommunication is your/their issue.

·
Administrator
25,101 Posts
The CEL doesn't come on when the low tire pressure warning comes on. You need to find a different dealership and run, don't walk your car there. The fact that they didn't even bother to log the first visit tells me this is a very poorly run service department and you will have nothing but problems with them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol this is my ride to work ,, I work out of my car ,,, Pizza delivery ,,, I don't look forward to delivering out of My Dodge Grand Caravan,,,,

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Lol this is my ride to work ,, I work out of my car ,,, Pizza delivery ,,, I don't look forward to delivering out of My Dodge Grand Caravan,,,,
Better than being on the side of the road while my pizza gets cold because it should have been at my house an hour ago!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Here we go,,, 2013 Eco,,,20k miles,,,using the TRIFECTA tune,,,the 18th of June the CEL came on and remained on till I took it to my dealer the next day,,,the first diagnosis was turbo problem of some sort,,,Made an appointment the following Monday,,,and cleared the code and asked if I noticed any performance issues while driving ,,,I have not had any so far,,,,,seems the guy had the proverbial dazed look like "I don't know whats going on look" and then he called 1 of the mechanics over and the mechanic said he would need to take a look at to check something,,,,said something to the effect of stuck open or stuck closed,,,so appointment was made and I drove it home,,,,

Sunday,,3 days later,,,the day before my appointment I put the stock tune back in place of the Trifecta tune,,,,so I show up first thing Monday Morning to leave the car with them and the same guy looks at me and asks why am I here ,,, then proceeds to look at a computer screen and then says I remember you but I cant find nothing about my previous visit,,,,I recap the previous visit ,,but he still can't find his notes,,, so he asks me if the CEL came back on,,it had not come on ,, so he says since it is not on I might as well drive it till it does come back on,,,,,,Well about 3 days ago the low tire sensor went off saying my left front tire was low at 28 lbs,,,,After checking multiple times with different gauges the tire has 35 lbs of pressure,,,,little did I know that when you rotate tires you need to perform the relearn the wheel positions,,,,,

and then last night the CEL came back on ,, so I get up bright and early and run my car down to the dealership and he does a relearn process on my wheels and says when can you come back and leave the car with us,,,,,,,

Geeeez what next,,,,,,,
Hello 0ldjoblo,

I really apologize for the negative experience, and would be more than happy to assist you further. Feel free to send me a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. If you were looking for a second opinion, I would be happy to direct you to another dealership in your location as well.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appointment in 1.5 hours,,, the CEL has come on and went back off since it was last cleared at the dealership,,,,

Thanks ,,,Patsy G,,,, Chevrolet Customer Care,,,,

I am lucky enough to have the option of taking my car to another Chevy dealership in my area,,, if I don't get any results this morning,,,,that's my next move,,,,,,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update,,,,,Well looks like tomorrow I will be getting a brand spakin' new turbo installed,,,my first thought is,,,at only 20,000 miles????,,,,will I need this service again at 40,000 miles,,,I can only hope the replacement parts and the mechanic work better the second time around,,,,

·
Administrator
25,101 Posts
These cars are mass produced so occasionally one will have a bad turbo. Find out what the actual problem is please.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lst week when they had in to look at it ,,, they said something to the effect of ,,, wastegate pin cracked,,,,or cracked and stuck ,,,something to that effect ,,,

I could not tell from driving any loss of power or performance,,, and I log my mileage on every tank of gas,,,,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update ,,This past Friday a new turbo installed ...drove it to work Saturday and discovered a coolant leak every time I stopped the car a circle about 12 inches round would be there in a matter of minutes ,,, took it in this morning seems know I have a defective radiator,,, waiting on a new 1 to arrive to fix it again,,,, I really do dislike this local dealership ,,, on top of that they wanted to charge me 190 bucks to replace the lower valance piece when all it needs is a screw to keep it from coming loose when I back out and drag it,,,,,,,geeeeeeez

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update ,,, Well went to pickup my Cruze with a new turbo and a new radiator this past July 17th ,,,it is 92 degrees out and felt like well over 100,,,, so as I was returning the loaner the detail shop guy see's me and says that didn't get around to wash and vacuuming my car out and says hang out a bit while he does it ,,,It was my day off I was not in a hurry,,,so I get in it go 2 blocks and realize No AC,,,,,back to the dealer I go,,,, seems they did not plug in a sensor just right or something,,,,,Oh and remember that piece of lower valance molding that was loose they wanted $180 to fix,, well seems they had to take the whole bumper off to fix the radiator that they destroyed while fixing my turbo,,,,,,,you would think with all that going on they could fix a piece of loose plastic for me under warranty,,,,,

So I drive it 4 days on the job and notice the gas mileage sucks ,,,so last night I drove it 140 miles of freeway driving,,,OMG what did they do to my car,,,, It has lost 40% of the mileage it use to get,,, and now at 60 to 65 mph it won't pull a small incline without shifting down and up ,,, its going back this morning,,,,,Needless to say I am pissed ,,,,,,,,

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Good morning Oldjoblo,

We see you're frustrated and we're sorry to hear you have to head back into the dealership. We definitely recognize how inconvenience this is and on behalf of Chevrolet, we apologize for your experience. Please let us know how things turn out at the dealership today. If necessary, we'll gladly reach out to them as well to further discuss this matter. If you need any further assistance please PM us your full contact info, VIN, and dealership name.

Thanks,
Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dealer made me another appointment for my car for Wednesday,,,, I ask for a loaner to drive because I drive my car for a living ,, and I did not want to drive the car in this condition,,,,Dealer said no CEL ,,,no loaner ,,,,so I drove it home and my daughter said sounds like plugs to me,,,So I checked them and they were all gapped at less than .25,,,,So I gapped them at .35 and I am now going to take it for a test ride ,,,, will update,,,,,,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow,,,going to be a few days while they rebuild the transmission,,,replacing clutch packs 1-4,,,,,,this scary for a car with only 26k miles on it,,,,,,,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts