Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter's 2015 cruze has the marker lights to the sides and below the headlights. The headlight assembly has the headlights but also has an amber blinker in it. Are the blinker bulbs supposed to be lit continuous when the headlights are on? The blinkers work fine, but the bulbs are not illuminated when the headlights are on. Is that how it is designed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has DRL's, and they work, but the amber side light that is inside the headlight housing does not come on. It blinks with the blinker, but doesn't stay on at night with the headlights.
THe car came with regular Halogen bulbs, but LED bulbs have been swapped in for the headlight.

·
Registered
281 Posts
They won't stay on with the headlights, that's normal. It's a blinker only

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been told by mechanics and others on line that they should come on with the headlights as the car does not have the earlier amber side marking lights down below like earlier Cruze's.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You've got the DRL's though so typically amber markers aren't on with them. My Gen 2's front signals are signals only signals as it also has the LED DRL's

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm trying to find pictures to see but of course the only thing I find is pics of aftermarket lights or the factory lights during the daytime 😑

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah, I was having problems finding pictures as well. But I did find a video or two that had them on with the headlights. Of course, I don't know if they were aftermarket headlight housings or not, but I would assume that even aftermarket ones would mimic stock ones in that regard.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
In older cars, the purpose of the amber (parking) lights was to "mark" the end of the car in the event the headlight burned out. That way you knew what was coming at you was a car (not a motorcycle) and where it was.

The LED DRLs stay on at night, so they take care of that need. The 2011-2014 model years didn't have a separate DRL, they used the headlights in low power mode. So, those cars have the amber parking lights come on with the headlights.

Some areas limit the number of lights you can have on the front of the car. If the amber lights came on with the DRL, you'd have 6 lights on the front.

.Something you could do - pull the bulb for the amber light. See how many wires are there. in the socket. If it's only two (or resolves to only two connections), then it can only be a blinker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts