Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently working on a 2017 Cruze that was wrecked. I had found 2 severed wires and discovered that's what it was for....... the plug and sensor were both missing and after much research I cannot find any parts diagrams for the wiring. I have ordered a new sensor but have not received it yet but I cannot find out a pigtail part number. Does anyone know how to reference the sensor to a pigtail or does anyone just happen to know it? Also I discovered that first generation Cruzes used the same part numbered sensor 13583411

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I suspect the pigtail you are looking for is part of the underhood harness and not serviced as a separate part.

Trip to a wrecking yard may be in order since gen1 and 2 likely use the same connector as well.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
If I remember to look it up, I can find the numbers for the connect - now, getting it is going to be another story. If you find a way, I want to know how. I've got some projects in mind and I'd rather use connectors to add the wiring than hack up harness.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect the pigtail you are looking for is part of the underhood harness and not serviced as a separate part.

Trip to a wrecking yard may be in order since gen1 and 2 likely use the same connector as well.

Rob
It is possible to purchase a pigtail splice connection to repair the wiring. For the Pigtail it was $30 something from the GM Dealer. I may be able to get it for less at another dealer who cut me a good deal on my original 29 parts for the rebuild but its kinda outta the way....... plan to call them Monday to place an order for it unless I find for sure what PT# it is and cheaper on Ebay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Generation 2 Outside Ambient Air Temperature Sensor GM Part# 13583411 uses Pigtail Connector #19329415. The Sensor is Located on the Lower Grille and easy to access

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check out ROCKAUTO.com
They have some sensor/connector pigtails. But it is all organized by sensor name.
Electrical Connectors section

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love Google. My week old 2018 Hatch had the sensor all the sudden stop tonight. Found it thanks to this thread, it was loose almost hanging. It does not snap into the hole very tightly. May have to give it some help to stay in there.

·
Registered
2018 Cruze Hatchback RS Premier
163 Posts
Quick question. I know you say it's located on the lower grill, but which side, etc? I cannot locate it on my 2017 LT w/ RS....
Driver side, goes in a small little hole located in the grill section.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see a small hole (see the picture), but I do not see the sensor anywhere. I assume when I had the bumper replaced last year they did something with the sensor...

·
Registered
2018 Cruze Hatchback RS Premier
163 Posts
That's absolutely the hole. The sensor is relatively cheap. My friend's '16 literally lost that sensor just driving down the road so it's fairly possible it was either lost/not secured well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK, well guess it's time this weekend to figure out if it's missing or they just put it in another location for some reason. I saw the sensor here at O'Reilly's for like $6.99, so yeah, pretty cheap. Thanks, appreciate your feedback.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.