Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Diesel, Just a quick question for you guys, Can somebody do a quick test for me. My dash lights will flicker with the clouds overhead, I'm assuming its the Ambiant light sensor, I also have messed around with the headlights set to auto and manual on. I know in the sun with the lights set to on, it would not let me adjust my dash lights dimmer, I through my shirt over the sensor and about 2 minutes later they instantly went dim. I removed the shirt and about 45 seconds later they went back to full bright.

Can you do something similar to see if your ambiant light sensor takes that long to respond. Like I said before I was driving down the interstate, and they would flicker bright dim bright dim, Then I pulled out of the parking garage the other day after sitting inside it for about 10 minutes with the car running. Drove about 45 seconds to get out of the garage, then as soon as I pulled out and made a right hand turn everything went full dim, and this was in the full afternoon, sun then about a minute later came back to full bright. I was thinking the AL sensor, sensed dark conditions as I was leaving the garage, then it just so happened kicked to dim, as I was pulling out and the delay took that long to respond. Id appreciate a quick trouble shoot next time any of you guys are outside. Just through a rag or something over the sensor to see how long it takes your car to respond. Thanks.

Now the My link gremlin. We have the latest firmware that I know of OD, With that being said 3x MY Link has restarted while driving. First time I adjusted the air conditioner, and all the presets on the bottom of the radio disappeared into a blur, so I tried to get the wife to take a picture, but before she could get the camera out, it went all black and rebooted. No issues the rest of the trip, and 2 other times it has just randomly shut off and restarted. Anybody else have this issue or seen it before.

Also have a big issue with my blue tooth not staying connected with my GS3 it pairs then it will unpair and pair it self 10x on the way to work. I've unpaired both the car and phone and deleted the pairings from both and it still does it. Any tricks before it gets taken in for service.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Sounds like either a faulty light sensor or a bad BCM.

Not sure on what to do with the phone not pairing.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Eeee the 2014 CDC comes with Gremlins , Just keep it out of the rain snow water of any kind so those gremlins do not multiply ..

Be cool stay cozy keep gremlin cruzen and best wishes with that gremlin filled cdc .

Reactions: rescueswimmer

·
Registered
14 Posts
anyone knows how to retrofit a ambient light sensor to a chevy cruze LT that doesnt have it?
I tried, used the LTZ button and the LTZ sensor... without success... plug and play seems not to be the case...

How to program the BCM to make this work??

thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts