Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my sub from a ported to a sealed and now either my lc2i or my amp goes into protection mode or it just stops beating until I turn the volume down.why

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you change how your sub was wired to your amp? Sounds to me, based on the information provided, your sub is running too low ohms for your amp. If you have a dual voice coil sub try wiring it for a higher ohm rating and see if your problem persists.

If I remember reading correctly, need to find that article, your sub needs less power in a ported box to achieve the same volume (loudness) at its port frequency than it does in a sealed box. This is because the port allows the air behind the cone to move more with less movement of the cone itself. In a sealed box it has to compress the air inside its box more which means more cone movement and thus more power is needed to do so.

·
2,170 Posts
Can you provide more details about your system? What type of amp & subs? How is it wired? Posting pictures helps as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fixed the issue but I?m getting the dreaded battery saver active every day.i changed the battery and negative cable and today I replaced the alternator and serpentine belt and still got the light today.i?ve asked this question several times and no answer yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.