Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded the component speakers, added a 5 channel amp and sub. I used Xtreme's recommendations for the speakers, PAC, and wiring kit (mini dsp to be added soon). Everything seemed to be working fine at first except I noticed a humming noise coming from the speakers. I took it back to the shop that did the install and they re-ran some of the wiring behind the passenger side airbag (not sure which wiring). That seemed to do the trick.

Now, this week I had my battery drain on me and needed a jump. Along with that, the cooling fans turned on and wouldn't shut off, I had check engine light turn on, and I was having reduced engine power. I took it in to the dealer since I have had similar issues prior to the system install. Turns out they said the amp was pulling too much power and staying on even after the car was off. They also mentioned the remote wire was triggering some sensors, and that is what triggered my fans and reduced power. The remote wire is connected to the PAC though, so I don't see how that could happen. Any ideas as to what might be happening and how this can be fixed?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Not sure what to suggest other than finding a more experienced audio shop. That bit with the amp staying all on the time should be a straightforward fix. But without knowing more about the system and how it's set up, I'm not sure as anyone can suggest anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what to suggest other than finding a more experienced audio shop. That bit with the amp staying all on the time should be a straightforward fix. But without knowing more about the system and how it's set up, I'm not sure as anyone can suggest anything.
Weird thing is I checked the amp and it wasnt doing that before. Yeah, I contacted the shop and they said they would check it out. If they can't get it figured out then I will definitely look for another shop. I'd do it myself but I am new to this and learning slowly but surely. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts