Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be using the stock receiver. The amp will be powering 1 dual 2 ohm Image Dynamics IDQ 12" sub. The sub is currently in a .90 sealed enclosure. I've had this sub since about 2005 or so. Can anyone recommend a decent priced sub amp? I've been eyeballing the Kenwood kac-8105d. I'd like something with a remote gain or remote bass control. Is there anything else besides a wiring kit that I'd need? Is there any sort of adapter for the stock radio so I won't have to splice wires?

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
I'll be using the stock receiver. The amp will be powering 1 dual 2 ohm Image Dynamics IDQ 12" sub. The sub is currently in a .90 sealed enclosure. I've had this sub since about 2005 or so. Can anyone recommend a decent priced sub amp? I've been eyeballing the Kenwood kac-8105d. I'd like something with a remote gain or remote bass control. Is there anything else besides a wiring kit that I'd need? Is there any sort of adapter for the stock radio so I won't have to splice wires?
Good man using an IDQ sub.

Use this line out converter. It requires no splicing:
PAC AA-GM44 Amplifier Integration Interface for Select 2010 and Up GM Vehicles : Amazon.com : Automotive

What's your budget for an amp? That Kenwood amp doesn't provide enough power for your sub at 4 ohms. You need something that can deliver at least 500W RMS; preferably closer to 600W.

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
Since your sub is rated for 750 watts rms (if its the v3 model)
This is the best priced amp I saw on sonic electronix that was in-stock and CEA certified.
It's rated for 800 watts rms @1 ohm

MB Quart REF1.800 (REF 1.800) Reference Monoblock Amplifier

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
One thing to keep in mind is that the IDQ drivers are pretty efficient, and in a good sealed enclosure, you will drive them to their excursion limits with far less than their thermal power rating. Although the amp is rated for 750W, 500-600W will do well and will not put you at risk for clipping the sub. It is far easier and more common to clip an amp and fry a sub when using a vented enclosure than it is when using a sealed enclosure.

·
Registered
742 Posts
So I am new to the forum and chevy Cruze, but my wife and I just bought a 2013 Eco with the standard stereo in it. I have been reading all over this site and although I have found a lot of reveiwes on adding large systems and splicing into systems but not a lot on adapters. With that being said I have gone to the link above, PAC AA-GM44 Amplifier Integration Interface for Select 2010 and Up GM Vehicles : Amazon.com : Automotive but it is not clear if it works for the 2013 only specifies the 11/12. I have done a lot of wiring in my time but I am trying hard not to void any warranty by splicing into the wires. Does anyone know if this wire will work on the 2013, or besides the kicker system that costs to much for what it is, simply plugs in to the system and I can add my amp and subwoofer. Just a small amp and woofer to add alittle more bass, that I will mount in the trunk. Just to clarify I am only wanting to get a single bass line off this, I am not wanting to add a 5 way amp. Thanks for any input and advise from people that have used the connectors.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Also I was thinking of either of these two amps Pioneer gm-d7500m or Kenwood kac-8105d combined with a Pioneer ts-swx251. Sorry amazon was not letting me copy the url's. again I am just wanting to add a little bass not make the car vibrate much...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts