Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at 32,000 miles and I got my automatic transmission fluid changed and switched over to Amsoil ATF.

I have to say what diference. Drives like a different car. Very smooth shifts and when I start in manual mode there is no hesitation and it feels like it has more power. Sometimes starting out in third there was a little hesitation but never in second.

Also my MPG went up .1 since I have drove it today and I just got it changed this morning. Although not sure if it went up because I put in a new air filter but the shifts are much better and I would reocmmend switching over to Amsoil

My dealer is awesome I bring my fluid in and they are more than happy to use it instead of theirs. So they used a machine to get all the old fluid out and replace with the new Amsoil fluid. I had to bring in 3 gallons but it was worth it IMO since I will be holding on to the car for a long time. The only fluid to switch over to Amsoil is the anti-freeze so I will do that at the five year mark when the factory stuff needs changing. Just wish Amsoil was a little easier to get but if it makes my care last longer then I don't mind.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I will do that soon too!

·
Administrator
15,845 Posts
you can pm xtremerevolution and he can send you sum or you can go to amsoil.com to purchase some.
Yeah but then you have to pay retail pricing...

I am the resident AMSOIL dealer. Send me a PM for pricing details.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will be switching over to Amsoil very shortly myself. For the engine oil anyways, unfortunately the tech guy from Amsoil told me they do not have a product for the manual transmission in my '14 Cruze. I can’t seem to find the premium engine oil filter either, they list a Wix filter for mine.

·
Administrator
15,845 Posts
I will be switching over to Amsoil very shortly myself. For the engine oil anyways, unfortunately the tech guy from Amsoil told me they do not have a product for the manual transmission in my '14 Cruze. I can’t seem to find the premium engine oil filter either, they list a Wix filter for mine.
We all use the Synchromesh anyway. It is far better than the OE fluid or anything anyone else has tried.

They don't make a filter for this car. The Wix filter is good but you can get it cheaper on rockauto.com. I buy 10 at a time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.