Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a k&n typhoon SRI and would like to upgrade to an amsoil paper cone filter. The stock k&n filter flange size is 5", but amsoil only sells 4.5" or 6". Has anyone found an adapter or some way to get around this?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Injen is the one who makes them. As far as I know Amsoil's deal with Injen isn't going too well these days.

The X-1045-BB is probably pretty close to the K&N one. Its a bit shorter, and wider at the end.

The X-1046-BB is basically the same thing but its a bit taller than the K&N one.

Theres also the X-1051-BB, but uhhhhhh I'm not sure about that one.

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
Check the BNR website. They have the Injen filter listed that fits the gen1 1.4 K&N filter. I'm pretty sure it's the 1051, which fits.

Why do you say Injen's deal with AMSOIL isn't going so well. I'm seeing the same nanofiber synthetic media sold by Injen.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Check the BNR website. They have the Injen filter listed that fits the gen1 1.4 K&N filter. I'm pretty sure it's the 1051, which fits.

Why do you say Injen's deal with AMSOIL isn't going so well. I'm seeing the same nanofiber synthetic media sold by Injen.

Well obviously they aren't selling them, or at least not listing them for whatever reason. I'm not even sure where Amsoil really stands with their filters these days... Or rather... The filters they are reselling.

The 45 and 46 are the closest to what they were giving to Amsoil. The 51 is a more traditional filter design by the looks.

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
Well obviously they aren't selling them, or at least not listing them for whatever reason. I'm not even sure where Amsoil really stands with their filters these days... Or rather... The filters they are reselling.

The 45 and 46 are the closest to what they were giving to Amsoil. The 51 is a more traditional filter design by the looks.
Who isn't listing or selling them?

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
They're still there? Those are the sizes they've always had available. Injen simply sells the same media filters in other sizes.

I'm confused here. Where did we draw a conclusion?

I did a little searching and apparently they were discontinued in 2014 with the reamaining stock being sold as is. Which may explain why the 5 inches are all gone... It's possible they got a new deal and are reselling them again, not sure. Someone would have to call them up and grill them for information.

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
I did a little searching and apparently they were discontinued in 2014 with the reamaining stock being sold as is. Which may explain why the 5 inches are all gone... It's possible they got a new deal and are reselling them again, not sure. Someone would have to call them up and grill them for information.
The 2014 ones that were discontinued were the flat panel filters that were used to replace OEM filters in OEM air boxes. They discontinued them because manufacturers couldn't keep the sizes constant and making countless specialized sizes was becoming more trouble than it was worth. I got one of those filters for my truck before they discontinued them.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
The 2014 ones that were discontinued were the flat panel filters that were used to replace OEM filters in OEM air boxes. They discontinued them because manufacturers couldn't keep the sizes constant and making countless specialized sizes was becoming more trouble than it was worth. I got one of those filters for my truck before they discontinued them.

Ah that explains it.

Still they should be selling the 5 inch ones...

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts