Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Finder AR

"Car Finder AR automatically keeps track of where you park. Use augmented reality, 3D Google Maps and radar to find your parked car.★New GPS Auto Track module will also allow you to track your car from home★
★Get driving directions to the nearest car park★
This app has been reviewed in the book "Amazing Android Apps For Dummies"
Features:
✔Saves location automatically when turning off the car *
✔New GPS Auto track / Car recovery mode to track your car if it gets stolen *
✔Augmeted reality/3D Maps/RADAR view to find your way back to your parked car
✔Shows nearby car parks on the map
✔Driving/Walking directions to your parked car
✔Manage up to 3 different cars
✔Send Email/Whatsapp/Line with the location of your car **
✔Store a log on Google Calendar ***
✔Home screen widget for saving location with just one click, one for each car
✔Parking meter alarm
✔Parking timer
✔Save notes
✔Location history
✔Shake to save
✔Tell your mates where your car is by sharing location
✔Advanced algorithms that will NOT drain your battery"

Can also keep track on my wife, not that I am spying on her, if she gets stuck, know where to find her.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Looks like it uses Bluetooth to connect to the car, not sure how this would work when the car is not around though...
Here is the link for Play Store -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.androoid.carxare&hl=en

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to the author's home page and read the small print, need a switched on phone in the car. But see there are other GPS tracking devices that can be hidden.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so you are actually tracking the phone, not the car.
This is what I read, still a nice program, can show the location of your vehicle by setting it's GPS location when you switch off the bluetooth in your car. Shows parking areas, and a map with distance to your car. And supposed if you are parked in an area where your car could be stolen, could leave a cell phone in there.

Ha, could have used it in Caracas, wife had to find a save place to park her car and we had to walk a great distance. I wasn't paying any attention and she forgot where she parked it. We walked around for three hours until we finally found it, LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
This is what I read, still a nice program, can show the location of your vehicle by setting it's GPS location when you switch off the bluetooth in your car. Shows parking areas, and a map with distance to your car. And supposed if you are parked in an area where your car could be stolen, could leave a cell phone in there.

Ha, could have used it in Caracas, wife had to find a save place to park her car and we had to walk a great distance. I wasn't paying any attention and she forgot where she parked it. We walked around for three hours until we finally found it, LOL.
True, but there are free apps which will do that as well

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
10,712 Posts
My paragraph dissapeared, WTF? MyChevrolet does this and keeps track of the metered time. OnStar app alone can't tell your car is gone but it can give you info that the car isn't there anymore.

Fuel level Full ODO 19,000 Trip A 310 and you parked the right side of the car where the sun sets. Next time you check it, 70% fuel 19,128 ODO and front tp is 5 psi higher than the rears. I enrolled with Family Link so I am 100% sure my car is not where I left it and if someone borrowed it, I know where it is.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not nearly as bad as laying out 200 bucks for XP Pro and living a life of misery for three years until MS can work the bugs out of it.

What Car Finder AR does, have to have a smart phone with this program loaded and buried in your car someplace with the phone on. Warn about its battery going dead, but could be hot wired. You also program in an email address, that can be picked up with anything, Ipad, another phone, computer, and will send the tracking data to that source.

Suppose to be illegal to use without the consent of the driver, assuming its not you, I assume this does not include a crook.

And it doesn't have to be a crook stealing your car, it can be you to keep track of a trip you are taking.

Most expensive software I have on my cell is Pro Torque, $4.95, and if that crazy CEL comes on, prefer to call this a HAL, heart attack lamp. You know exactly what is wrong

Did download a free program called Ready Compass, shows the exact angle from true north so I won't get lost walking in the woods.

Pro Torque did not work on my Cruze when I first got it, but the author is constantly updating it. And does this automatically. So didn't scream to get my five bucks back. Not worth the effort, but its working great now. True with all the programs I downloaded, so don't mind laying out a couple of bucks. You can also email the authors, and they will address your problems.

Ha, try doing that Microsoft, talking to some foreigner telling you to reboot your computer.

·
10,712 Posts
Family Link has that same "tell someone you are tracking your own car" disclaimer. If you buy a car with OnStar and a phone with GPS, you pretty much already consented to being monitored by anything and anyone at any given second. Nordstrom just released to the public that they track people's spending habits and where they stood the most in their store using their cellphone.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, with the Snowden thing, really coming out with this big brother thing. And even read the NSA does not have to gather all this information. Everybody else is doing it and only need copies of it.

While GM is claiming to gather information to improve reliability in the event of an accident, insurance companies are also getting this information. So while you may claim you were driving 30 mph when an accident occurred. That black box is saying you were driving 80 mph. EPA is trying to gather any emission problems, so they can send you a ticket, and while at it, may even get a speeding ticket in the mail.

If you ever had a tax audit, quickly learn the IRS has more knowledge of your financial state than you do. Ha, during an audit, why do you put me through all this misery with 1,015 different forms. Just send me my tax bill.

·
10,712 Posts
Yes, with the Snowden thing, really coming out with this big brother thing. And even read the NSA does not have to gather all this information. Everybody else is doing it and only need copies of it.

While GM is claiming to gather information to improve reliability in the event of an accident, insurance companies are also getting this information. So while you may claim you were driving 30 mph when an accident occurred. That black box is saying you were driving 80 mph. EPA is trying to gather any emission problems, so they can send you a ticket, and while at it, may even get a speeding ticket in the mail.

If you ever had a tax audit, quickly learn the IRS has more knowledge of your financial state than you do. Ha, during an audit, why do you put me through all this misery with 1,015 different forms. Just send me my tax bill.
Lol same thing for my security clearance. Why am I paying other agencies for my own info to give to you to see if what they said is real? So far Family Link was off by 2 parking spot when I used it last. My phone claims I am clear across the lot when I am in the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts