Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,643 Posts
...these fog lamps, want a small fortune of a couple of light bulbs and some plastic.
The world is an evil place these days...

...but they do make a $200 difference at night, especially on wet roads with poorly painted lines. I installed mine myself since the dealer wanted an even bigger small fortune to install them. Make sure you align them right; high enough to project down-road, but not high enough to blind on-coming traffic.

·
Premium Member
4,643 Posts
The fog lights are great for slow driving(below 40mph), they really only throw light 10ft in front and a few extra feet on the sides. When the roads are wet in the city at night sometimes your headlights can disappear, with the extra light the fogs throw down you can still see the road lit great.
When I installed mine I found the default aiming to be too low. Aiming them up slightly improved their effectiveness and they now provide more useful light down the road as well as still offering good up-close lighting for those dark wet nights.

·
Premium Member
4,643 Posts
Do you press it once to switch on the fogs, then again to switch it off? In other words, is it just a normally open form A momentary switch?

With the fog lamps on, is there an indicator on the dash?
Yes and Yes. Dash indicator is a green foglight symbol that lights up on the lower half of the speedometer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts