1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
So basically 0% financing is the best we're going to get.

·
Registered
904 Posts
This shows that there is a major change going on in the upper levels of GM, and it looks like their business practices are improving.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Good news to all for sure! Our Ecos especially will hold their resale value ridiculously well as they get older and gas prices go up.
I'll tell that I really like the sound of that should I ever decide to move into a new model year Cruze.

Hoping me and my Cruze are still here to read the posts barring any engine fires!

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Good news to all for sure! Our Ecos especially will hold their resale value ridiculously well as they get older and gas prices go up.
...just like anything that would "float" was at a premium around the R.M.S. TITANIC...after midnight.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Good to see that fewer Cruzes went into fleets in 2012. That'll help with the resale value.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Good to see that fewer Cruzes went into fleets in 2012. That'll help with the resale value.
I wonder how many people rent a car and decide whether or not to include it as a possible future purchase? I know I do, but I also take into account the fact that rental fleets are frequently abused.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
View attachment 7512

Paid $7,300 cash back in 2004 for this brand new Cavalier. Had $3,800.00 on my GM card, GM gave me a $4,500 rebate, plus another $2,000, a thousand each for GM loyalty on two other GM cars I owned.

When I purchased my new Cruze last December, even wtih a 100K miles on this car, dealer said I could easily get $7,500 for it and was practically begging me to trade it in. Just said no, would never get another car like this for just $7,500.00

Even if I junked it, still would have only cost me 7 cents a mile for depreciation.

Just saying, I will take those rebates any day. With my GM card and a tiny rebate, only got $4,900 off my Cruze. If I waited another two weeks, would have received another $500 off closer to Christmas.

But the way it is, if they have big rebates now, will probably scream. Or as my dealer says, just buy another one.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I wonder how many people rent a car and decide whether or not to include it as a possible future purchase? I know I do, but I also take into account the fact that rental fleets are frequently abused.
Yup, that's a double edged sword right there. My co-worker rented a Cruze with 70k miles and hated it. Said it had more clunks, rattles, and squeeks than his mid 80s Towncar.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,304 Posts
That's how my dad wound up with a Jeep Liberty. He really liked the 2002 rental car; absolutely hates the 2005 he bought several years later (they changed several things - seats, front fascia, cam profiles so it has NO POWER AT ALL). But the resale value tanked, it's paid off, and mostly gets driven to work and back. He says he'll just deal with getting 12 mpg til it blows up and he retires.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My co-worker rented a Cruze with 70k miles and hated it. Said it had more clunks, rattles, and squeeks than his mid 80s Towncar.
A rental with 70K miles on the odometer???? I rented cars for business travel for thirty years and never had one that had more than 25K miles. I thought most rental companies unloaded their fleet cars when they got to 20K - 25K miles. If it did have 70K on the clock, that doesn't speak well of Cruze longevity, even being a rental.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
A rental with 70K miles on the odometer???? I rented cars for business travel for thirty years and never had one that had more than 25K miles. I thought most rental companies unloaded their fleet cars when they got to 20K - 25K miles. If it did have 70K on the clock, that doesn't speak well of Cruze longevity, even being a rental.
No car will show efficient longetivity when people beat the living crap out of it.

Sad, but solid truth.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Yup, that's a double edged sword right there. My co-worker rented a Cruze with 70k miles and hated it. Said it had more clunks, rattles, and squeeks than his mid 80s Towncar.
70k miles on a rental? Rental cars are typically treated like garbage, and folks do all sorts of things to them they'd never do in their own cars.

Q: What is the fastest, best-handling car ever?
A: A rental car.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I've never seen a rental with more than 10 - 15,000 miles on it.

No car will show efficient longetivity when people beat the living crap out of it.

Sad, but solid truth.
Or maintained. I have rented several cars over the years that have obviously not been maintained. This even happens with the big guys (Avis, etc.)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Don't know. He was on a trip to Texas. When he found out I was looking at Cruzes, that's when he told me about the rental he had. For all I know, he could have cheaped out and went to Bobs Rentals.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts