Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently there's a update for that. That's what the guy on the infotainment support line was trying to tell me. I'm not sure as I believe it, but if you have a 2016 Limited, it might be worth asking about.

I expressed surprise and explained that's a different head unit, but that was his story and he was sticking to it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
What kind of update are you talking about? I have a 2016 Limited and an Android phone, so m curious hat your talking about.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of update are you talking about?
Software. I called GM's Infotainment line to make sure the update for my 2013 wouldn't ruin my ability to shuffle play the whole USB and the agent started talking about an update to allow all 2016s to do Android Auto. I questioned him on that to make sure he wasn't confusing with a Malibu, but that's what he told me.

I'm only half believing it, but it would be worth a least a phone call to GM to confirm that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm sure you need to have Mylink. Tried it on my Galaxy Prime and non Mylink and it wouldn't open.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't think they sold a non-MyLink for 2016. I know earlier years had the green screen display, but I thought that was gone for later years. Maybe not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a 2016 Cruze LT, and it does not have the MyLink headunit...
I am looking into purchasing an upgraded headunit but I'm having difficulty finding it...
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im waiting for Android Auto too! was bummed when I found out the 2016 LTZ does not get the update yet. Im pretty sure GM said by late 2016 all GM cars with touchscreen info center from 15-16 will finally have android auto. I hate the voice commands that come with the car. it makes it useless. Android Auto is where it's at!

·
10,712 Posts
The radio in question for our 1 gens is not the Mylink 2.0 commonly found in the sonic spark and other cars of same years. They just added some stuff over the years but we were technology outdated from the start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well we have 2 options.
1. Wait for GM to release an update eventually
2. Replace the head unit with the newer version. Not Sure of compatibility.

·
10,712 Posts
well we have 2 options.
1. Wait for GM to release an update eventually
3.Go aftermarket and get tons of more usable features like movies and navi for the price of having a dealership trying to get the radio to work in a car it wasn't designed to be in.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck with that one. I suspect you'd have to do some software development to get the radio to be happy. Virtually all communication between the radio and the rest of the car (on/off, reverse camera, warning sounds, etc.) come though the computer buss. As such, the radio computer and the BCM have to be on the same page as to how they communicate. (Including verifying the VIN as a anti-theft feature.)

As such, you're probably better off installing aftermarket with a good interface.

That's not to say it can't be done, but I think you'll find you'll be on your own.

Reactions: Merc6
1 - 18 of 18 Posts