Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hear em guys. And gals.

What's your take? Opinions?

Does it work with out turning battery saver off?

I gave it a test looksie today. Looking NICE.

Don't know when I'll get a chance to actually use it.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
I'll be using it tomorrow in the Volt - I plan to use the new interface.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've been using it for a while now. It's a huge improvement over the original android auto which makes sense because it had been years since they touched the app before that.

It's basically a direct copy of apple car play now which imo is a good thing because that's a very easy to understand driving app. I love the implementation of the bottom app tray so that you can quickly switch between apps vs before where you had to take your life in your own hands to do the same thing haha.

These guys do a great job summing things up :D

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
While I never had an issue with the original interface, I do like the new one quite a lot.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My Cruze already had the new version installed when I bought it back in August. Never got to use the last version. My only gripe is that it needs to be plugged in to work and the factory USB port is SO SLOW to charge! It might gain 5% on my 45 minute drive home from work with nothing going but Google Play Music. It's ridiculous.

I saw one guy on YT buy a powered USB 3.0 hub. He plugged it into the rear AC outlet and then plugged the phone ito the hub. He still got AA to work but it let the phone charge faster. I was thinking about it but don't want to worry about where to put it and running extra wires and crap. I also want to make my 12 outlet powered even when the car is off so I can charge things like my GoPro or whatever. Having it shut off means if you want to charge anything the vehicle has to be on!

·
Registered
367 Posts
My Cruze already had the new version installed when I bought it back in August. Never got to use the last version. My only gripe is that it needs to be plugged in to work and the factory USB port is SO SLOW to charge! It might gain 5% on my 45 minute drive home from work with nothing going but Google Play Music. It's ridiculous.

I saw one guy on YT buy a powered USB 3.0 hub. He plugged it into the rear AC outlet and then plugged the phone ito the hub. He still got AA to work but it let the phone charge faster. I was thinking about it but don't want to worry about where to put it and running extra wires and crap. I also want to make my 12 outlet powered even when the car is off so I can charge things like my GoPro or whatever. Having it shut off means if you want to charge anything the vehicle has to be on!
Yeah it is slow. Bummer because it's usb 2.0. They have plug in 3.0 adpaters though which is a simple plug and play that runs off of the car's 12 v battery.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HQ4NOMS/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01HQ4NOMS&pd_rd_w=XMROu&pf_rd_p=c83c55b0-5d97-454a-a592-a891098a9709&pd_rd_wg=6atM8&pf_rd_r=7B9EBF0K29T79C4EXTZ3&pd_rd_r=5ebf3cc8-a350-4dee-bf31-a37567615136&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExREFUUE9WTlMyNUomZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5MDMxMDkzQ0U5R0FDOVpWV1BBJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA4Mjg4MDUzTjIyN1BURTFHR0xHJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
USB 2.0 and 3.0 have nothing to do with charging speed - that is data transfer speed. Both support up to 5A of charging.

It just happens that most USB ports used only support 1.5A instead of the typical 3A that fast-charge gets you.

As long as it maintains the charge while using AA, it's not too big of an issue to me. My Volt does that (slightly charges it, actually), so all is good.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ahh I gotcha. Looks like that thing (and other things like it) have a fast charging port as well though. Just as an FYI for people before they start cutting and soldering :)

Yeah I'm not too affected by it either honestly. I have a 30-40 min commute so I get a decent amount of juice there and back for it to not really be an issue.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Yeah, usually if I use AA for about 45 minutes, my phone will be nearly charged, so it certainly seems to charge it a good bit more than AA takes out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts