Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently purchased my new 2017 Chevy Cruze ls and I was super hyped to have it with android auto. I can not get it to work consistently, as soon as I plug the USB cable in the icon does not change from the "Project" to the Android Auto icon. It does't do anything for maybe 30 seconds before it open my Google play music, but not android auto. I have tried with both the cable the phone came with and with the one it worked with originally. When it was working it was awesome, but so far 90% of the time it doesn't show up. Please help. I am using an LG G5 with Verizon, but I wouldn't think that to be the problem if it worked just fine 2 times before.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had the same issue with mine and after checking settings in the radio and checking settings on the phone and every thing looked fine it ended up being a Bluetooth setting to override the USB in my phone (Verizon note5) mine wouldn't drop the Bluetooth connection i went a few weeks manually disconnecting the Bluetooth until i finally took the time to call Verizon to walk me through it they were very helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to try to disconnect the blue tooth of the car and see if that fixes it today and Ill report back later.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll just add my 2 cents but I am using a Google Pixel so I'm getting everything as it was intended to work. I've had no issues and it pairs via Bluetooth faster than I can plug it in. But that's not always my top priority getting in the car

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm ok well I've tried disconnecting it from Bluetooth and it still will not open android auto. I even turned auto open off to see if i can see the symbol change, but nothing. Even touching the project icon says that there is nothing connected... other times it will ask me whether or not I want to activate it and it does nothing after I press activate. All of this I do with my phone unlocked with the android auto app open. Any more suggestions? Feel free to ask questions as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys so after a week of making sure it is working I can officially say that it is working now. So what I did was uninstall the app on my phone (Even though I've done this before and it didn't work) and then reinstall it and go through the process in my car again. What I notice now that it is working is that Android Auto does not stay open after you leave your vehicle and I didn't know that because before I got it working Android Auto was always open in the background on my phone even if I was no where near my car. Not exactly sure what caused that issue, but after a week of working no problem I am happy.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey guys so after a week of making sure it is working I can officially say that it is working now. So what I did was uninstall the app on my phone (Even though I've done this before and it didn't work) and then reinstall it and go through the process in my car again. What I notice now that it is working is that Android Auto does not stay open after you leave your vehicle and I didn't know that because before I got it working Android Auto was always open in the background on my phone even if I was no where near my car. Not exactly sure what caused that issue, but after a week of working no problem I am happy.
Hey DerekBlah,

We regret to hear that you were experiencing these concerns with your Cruze. Our Infotainment Team would love the chance to look into this further for you. If you’re interested, they can be reached at (855) 478-7767. Please feel free to send us a private message if you have any questions. We’re always happy to help.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts