Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, this is in wrong place please move. Anyways, I bought a boost gauge and I’ve been debating on where to mount it, didn’t want an ‘A’ pillar dual pod and I’ve been just kicking around ideas and finally came up with something that looks great, IMO.

I have a horizontal Android Headunit I bought on Amazon for 165.00 that is made for 1st Gen Cruze. Anyways, I thought I’d share this with anyone who may have one of these. I think it almost looks factory. The radio is pretty good for price considering it comes with a CANBUS box and wiring specific to a 1st Gen Cruze. I’ve got the Pioneer System and with the built in DSP it sounds pretty good.

To do this mod all you need is a round 5/16 circle bit and it is a perfect fit for a 52mm gauge. I also got rid of the junk hose and t that came with gauge. I just bought a cheap gauge and it is dead on with my Tech 2 scanner. Here is a pic: Feel free to message me if you need any help. Edit: Will add a daytime pic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey all, this is in wrong place please move. Anyways, I bought a boost gauge and I’ve been debating on where to mount it, didn’t want an ‘A’ pillar dual pod and I’ve been just kicking around ideas and finally came up with something that looks great, IMO.

I have a horizontal Android Headunit I bought on Amazon for 165.00 that is made for 1st Gen Cruze. Anyways, I thought I’d share this with anyone who may have one of these. I think it almost looks factory. The radio is pretty good for price considering it comes with a CANBUS box and wiring specific to a 1st Gen Cruze. I’ve got the Pioneer System and with the built in DSP it sounds pretty good.

To do this mod all you need is a round 5/16 circle bit and it is a perfect fit for a 52mm gauge. I also got rid of the junk hose and t that came with gauge. I just bought a cheap gauge and it is dead on with my Tech 2 scanner. Here is a pic: Feel free to message me if you need any help. Edit: Will add a daytime pic.

View attachment 292688
Cool, have one in my second gen cruze.

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
745 Posts
Interested in what unit this is .. I have the pioneer sound but the monochrome radio.. though Im looking to update it with one that still allows me to use the XM and steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interested in what unit this is .. I have the pioneer sound but the monochrome radio.. though Im looking to update it with one that still allows me to use the XM and steering wheel controls.
One thing that is nice about this is the price and it comes with a Canbus box. I retained everything and even added a few features. I too had the Monochrome Pioneer system and the factory amp is pretty spot on with the built in amp chip on this unit; I believe it is a TDA 7815. It sounds great. People knock these but for the money it sounds better than any brand name Headunit I’ve ever had. I also painted my surround bracket to somewhat coordinate with my original interior.

I was wanting a boost gauge for longest time but absolutely wanted nothing to do with ‘A’ pillar pods and did not want to drill holes in my interior as I’ve mentioned this was one of the pre-production cars; car number 4 to be exact. A former Lordstown employee told me these were basically hand built and it was confirmed when I pulled door panels when I seen 3 washers taped to door to make door panels set flush to door, with GM tape to boot! I just left it alone. Will it ever be worth anything? Like I told my dad the oddball stuff that you would never think would be worth something usually are the cars that demand a bidding war at Barrett Jackson, lol. Nonetheless, it makes for a cool conversation piece and sits nicely in my garage with my 3600 mile Indy Beretta and my 9000 mile pre-production Monte Carlo SS Indy. But the coolest thing is I had no idea this was a preproduction car until I called the VIN in to the insurance company.

I also found a great front door speaker replacement that works great with the GM set up. They are called PowerBass 2ohm 6.5 midrange and sound incredible. I’ll find a link as I cannot remember where I found those online.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,593 Posts

View attachment 292688
Consider writing up a How-To:
How-To: Write a Tutorial

1 - 7 of 7 Posts