Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weve had this thing since new and are currently at 140k miles and have had great luck. Havent had anything to do except normal services and recently a Valve cover.

We have started to notice an annoying issue that I KNOW isnt normal. When cruising down a highway ~60 mph it starts chugging like its trying to downshift. Now if I give it a little throttle itll come out of it but at the top of the rev range for the gear it starts doing it again. It also does it if you try to force a downshift. It feels almost like a misfire but its not that. Being a diesel tech for 4 years and a motorcycle builder I thought I could figure it out but Im stumped.

I personally changed the valve cover so I can check that off the list. Has anyone else experienced this?

This car has been a great car but I cant put up with this and I refuse to pay dealers or shops to do the work for me when I can do everything myself.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
do you have any codes at all in the TCM or ECM?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Because the light is not on does not mean it is not storing a code

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
will it do it in manual trans range

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Weve had this thing since new and are currently at 140k miles and have had great luck. Havent had anything to do except normal services and recently a Valve cover.

We have started to notice an annoying issue that I KNOW isnt normal. When cruising down a highway ~60 mph it starts chugging like its trying to downshift. Now if I give it a little throttle itll come out of it but at the top of the rev range for the gear it starts doing it again. It also does it if you try to force a downshift. It feels almost like a misfire but its not that. Being a diesel tech for 4 years and a motorcycle builder I thought I could figure it out but Im stumped.

I personally changed the valve cover so I can check that off the list. Has anyone else experienced this?

This car has been a great car but I cant put up with this and I refuse to pay dealers or shops to do the work for me when I can do everything myself.
If you have the adaptors, drive the car with a fuel pressure gauge taped to the winshield.......I'm basing my thoughts towards a pump getting iffy.

A true WAG, but you gotta start somewhere.....you've indicated plugs are unlikely......four coils don't fail together so secondary is likely not the culprit.

You may have to either pay to get dealer input or maybe you've got a independent in your area that is signed on to access the GDS so the injector modulation can be watched.

Heck, if you were in the business why do you think a shop charges too much?.....unusal statement from someone who has been in the trenches.

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts