Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

About that annoying wind noise many of us seem to have (my 2004 DODGE Caravan is way better - seriously - and it's a Dodge).

Did anyone get window vent visors and did that make a dramatic difference?

In my case I suspect most of the wind noise is actually coming from the B pillar.

AlainSDL

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
I have AVS vent visors and I didn't really notice a difference between noises honestly, I drive with my windows down 75% of the time lol. But they do help with rain and snow, like if you want to have your windows cracked when you are driving it'll keep the snow and rain out while getting cool air in.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You think it's bad? Try running at 55 MPH and the rolling down JUST your rear windows! This causes some kind of disturbance in the airflow that causes a wicked loud reverberation inside the vehicle that is so loud it actually hurt my eardrums.

I used to drive like that all the time until the first day I had my Cruze. That has caused me to use my a/c more than I have in any other vehicle I've owned.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did read somewhere (either in the manual or TSB) that the car was designed for areodynamics and not sound contol when the rear windows are rolled down. I have too noticed it creates more vortex than any car I have owned. I don't think Vent Visors will help much. I do like them for cracking the windows not only when driving but when I have it parked (crime isn't a issue here...yet)

·
10,712 Posts
LOL its worse if you roll just 1 back window down. Just remember the window lock outs also child lock the doors if you want to prevent this from happening because 1 person in the back wants A/C and their windown down on the freeway.

·
Registered
334 Posts
LOL its worse if you roll just 1 back window down. Just remember the window lock outs also child lock the doors if you want to prevent this from happening because 1 person in the back wants A/C and their windown down on the freeway.
No worries here....My 10 year old is the only one who sits in the back seat, and she learned the hard way not to open the window after she summoned that God-awful travesty of turbulence into the cabin of our Cruze. I was trying to yell back to her to save herself, but she couldn't hear me over the sound of apparent impending doom to her eardrums. She finally read the internationally known sign language for "roll up the f'n window" and was able to save us all from the untimely demise of me smashing the vehicle into a tree just to rid ourselves of the undulating he!!.

She has not/will not repeat that unforgivable offense.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Hey all.

About that annoying wind noise many of us seem to have (my 2004 DODGE Caravan is way better - seriously - and it's a Dodge).

Did anyone get window vent visors and did that make a dramatic difference?

In my case I suspect most of the wind noise is actually coming from the B pillar.

AlainSDL
Check the weather striping on the leading edge of the rear doors. This weather stripping can come loose and howl like a banshee. I had both mine glued in place by my dealership.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Check the weather striping on the leading edge of the rear doors. This weather stripping can come loose and howl like a banshee. I had both mine glued in place by my dealership.
Does that happen even with the windows up? My awful noise only occurs when a rear window is open

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The noise I am referring to is the hissing sound of a seal that isn't working. The windows are closed. I will check the weather stripping. I find this annoying because the car is BRAND new. I expect crap like this on old vehicles, not on new.

To be honest the fit and finish is a bit of a disappointment. This is my first brand new GM product. It may well be my last, especially since the dealers and their service advisers do not inspire much confidence. "Oh, it's supposed to do that." "Oh, they all do that." "If we try to fix that we may make it worse."

I will talk to the dealer the next time I bring the car in for an oil change. Unfortunately I have 2 jobs so time is at a premium. Add to that the commute to work just increased from 30 minutes per day to 2 hours. (HENCE THE MAJOR ANNOYANCE WITH WIND NOISE)

Aside from these things I am very happy with the car. I'm getting GREAT gas mileage which is particularly important given the extra long commute. The ride is nice and smooth. . . happy happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts