Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
How interesting, I bought two Civics(‘83 & '97) and put accessory alloys on each. The dealership put the stock steelies in each car at delivery. I was told I could either take them or they'd put them in the trash as they were "technically" used and they could not put them on another car. The "curb" mark on your replacement wheel might be from the hamfisted backyard hammer mechanic that did the mounting & balancing. It could be from the bead bar being roughly used. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Bro, that signature is WAY too in my face. No need to stick it in everyone's face that you have a Civic in lieu of a Cruze. Please reduce the font to the normal size so I don't have to.
Done, just for you, but realize the previous font WAS normal sized (5), but I took the bolding off just to keep peace. For what it's worth, I spent two full years looking to buy a Cruze and in the end just couldn't justify it. If you want the full details, I'll be happy to PM you with my reasons. I'm still here because I still feel I have something positive to contribute.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
As far as the Civic wheel story, if that happened in the last 2 years then that dealer had to eat the core charge for not sending the wheels back.
No, the most recent one was 16 years ago. Likely too outdated in retrospect. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
You're welcome. Back then they were boat anchors for sure.
Well, both dealers explained that it was against the law for a dealer to put used wheels on a car for saftey reasons. Back then, scrap values were very much different. Junk yards wouldn't buy them, so I ended up giving them away to people that wanted steelies for snows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.