Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have had great support from the all the community users here! I want to thank everyone. That being said, I got another issue to add to my list of issues my cruze has provided me since I purchased in 2011! My past issue was due to my fan running really blazing fast & then engine light came one, that all resolved itself so I wrote it off & didn't take it as it seem to have resolved it self.

Now comes the new issue: I back my car out of my driveway & on my driveway I see 3 spots I take a towel & soaked some on to it & I noticed its "orange" Dex-Cool then I opened my hood & noticed my reservoir was empty; & then I also noticed after further investigation - that there is small puddles of dex-cool on top of the transmission in the location where the shift cable is located if your facing the motor its on the right hand side. & you can smell antifreeze where its getting hot, & once you cut the engine off & raise the hood you can here it hissing or something like sizzling hot through the line in the front of the motor. Its weird guys, so my question now is has anyone experienced this & if so what was wrong & what did it take to fix it?

Just history of this car, its on its 3rd Turbo, PVC value replaced due to shooting oil out of the motor & into the air intake, Water pump replaced, Inner cooler hose replaced( I had to foot the bill for the hose ); heat seat replaced, trunk switch is messed up right now, tire sensor messed up ( pending fixing ).

This car is a peace of junk & love for GM to just take this back I would just about give it to them.. hahah *frustrated*

Chevy Cruze LT
Miles : 57,804

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,998 Posts
CEL was probably for low coolant level and temp sensors not agreeing. Fill er back up with coolant and keep an eye on the hose that goes the the "T" fitting from the top of the coolant reservoir. It's a common one to leak. Easy 5 minute, $12 fix, and the part has been redesigned with a stronger fitting so it hopefully won't leak again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts