Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car is something else, since 30,000 miles we have had the Tourqe converter seal replaced, cam seals, oil pan gasket, valve cover with the wonderful Pvc valve, the water pump leaks around the bolts and gasket when it gets real cold outside, and now at 96,000 miles the upper coolant hose sprung a leak right at the water outlet, I replaced hose and still a slight leak but not bad at all. But too the OEM HOSE CLAMP off and put a worm clamp at the radiator inlet because I got tired of trying to get the spring clamp back on. So now I will probably get another gates hose 23800 I believe and replace it with two brand new OEM Clamps if I can figure how to get it on at the radiator inlet. Anybody replace their upper hose could let me know how you got in there without taking something else apart to get that bottom spring clamp on. Ohh and we are out of the great powertrain warranty now, so guess will be working on this POS of a car every month or whenever something takes a crap on it, which so far makes me want park it in the bad side of town and leave the key in it running maybe I can go get me a toyota then. Sorry just venting, I just love spending my weekend working on this great car.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm wrong. The cabled spring clamp squeezer can't squeeze the spring clamp enough to get the hose off the radiator's inlet port-tube. I think one can gain access to the clamp by removing the battery and battery box or by removing the left front wheel well lining and left front wheel. I think the later is likely to yield better results. Thus that's my intended trajectory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm trying to get a new hose installed also, and am having the hardest time replacing the oem hose clamp, I have the hose clamp tool, but there just isnt enough space and squeeze to slide the clamp into place, this clamp needs to be fully squeezed for it to be moved. I don't want to install a worm gear clamp as these loosen up with time, and don't tighten uniformly, also don't want to risk cracking the plastic radiator inlet by overtightening.. has anybody had any success?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.