Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new to the Cruze, but not to cars in general. I'm a gearhead, always have been, but I drive a lot of miles, and wound up choosing the Cruze for my next everyday vehicle. I picked up my new (to me) 2014 Cruze 2LT RS on Monday, and have already put about 400 miles on it. I couldn't be happier! I've been browsing the forums here since about 3 days before I picked up the car, doing research, looking at common issues people have reported, and reading (a LOT) of build threads to see how customizable these vehicles are, and what I've read here helped me to decide on the car I wound up with, and I've already started looking for more ways to make it my own.

As far as modifications, I picked up some carbon fiber vinyl, which I plan to use to cover the gold on the factory bowtie emblems front/rear. I haven't decided what else I want to do yet, but I'm having a blast, since my last car wasn't exactly something that most people would bother putting time/money into.

Anyway, thanks for helping with my decision, and I look forward to learning more from this site over the next several years, as I plan to keep this car for quite a while.

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
Welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome to CT! Congrats on your 2LT RS. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to CT! Congrats on your 2LT RS. Post some pictures when you get a chance.
I will definitely do that! I was hoping for a break in the weather yesterday, so I could clean it up a bit and get some pictures for family who have been asking, but it went from high 50's and raining on/off on Monday-Tuesday, to being overcast and 37* yesterday. . . Michigan isn't exactly the most predictable state when it comes to the weather. It's supposed to get back up into the mid-high 50's next week and stay pretty nice, so I'll see what I can do on Monday.

I am pretty impressed with this little car so far, it's peppy, a lot better on gas than my Malibu, and actually, it's remarkably fun to drive. Not to mention the interior space, I'm 6'3", and I had to lean the seat in the '13 Malibu 1LT I test drove back to the point of being uncomfortable to keep my head from touching the ceiling. In the Cruze, sitting comfortably, I have a solid 3+ inches of headroom, plenty of legroom, and easy access to all of the controls, without having to lean forward to reach anything. It doesn't feel like a car built for someone much shorter than me, like my '05 Malibu did. In the Malibu, I had the seat all the way down, leaned back a bit, and still couldn't use the sun visors, as it blocked my view of the road. I used the sun visor in the Cruze on Monday, and it was positioned perfectly, and could be adjusted so it wasn't a hinderance at all.

The only negative experience I had, was with the used car salesman at the Chevy dealer I went to initially, he was rather rude, and unwilling to work with me. I felt as though my money was worth nothing there. I wound up finding this car at a Ford dealership, and the salesman I dealt with was great, and made me feel right at home as soon as I arrived. My Malibu was purchased from a Ford dealership as well, from the used car lot, and I have to say, I honestly can't recommend any of the GM dealers I went to to anyone, but would recommend both of the Ford dealers any day.

Thanks for the warm welcome, sorry for the novel, and I'll get pics up ASAP.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

Funny story . I am going to go buy a Ford from a Ford Dealer Now !

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pictures! Sorry for the delay, I went to visit family over the weekend, washed the car there, snapped a couple pictures, and just got around to uploading them. Sorry if they are too big, I just uploaded them through the mobile app to my PhotoBucket account. Also, didn't see anything mentioned in the forum rules about image sizing.

The only things I've done to the car so far is the edge guard molding on the back sides of the doors (to cover up the hundreds of chips from the previous owner, who obviously door-dinged every solid object she came across), and the carbon fiber vinyl on the front/rear bowties. I'm considering debadging the car, with the exception of the bowties and the "RS" emblems on the doors, and I'm really entertaining the thought of window tint, as I've never had it before, and I do have some pretty severe photosensitivity issues. Well, it's not that I've never had it, I had it on my old Grand Prix, and never got hassled about it, but I don't know if it's worth the headache, I drive a lot, and would really like to avoid getting pulled over for something simple like window tint.

Anywho, here are a few pics. It's not perfect, but I do really like this car, it's a definite step up from my '05 Malibu.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Window tint: My windows were tinted professionally with the darkest tint allowed for each window.
I have never had issues with cops checking the tint's value. Perhaps it's because there is a visible difference between the front-side and back-side window visibility. If you right-click on each image and open in a new tab, they will display full size. Believe me, tint makes a **** of a difference!

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome to the cruze world !! Still trying to get pics up myself and show mods but my wheels are off at the powdercoating place. But welcome. To Brian V.- don't do it....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@cufarmer, I like the look of your Cruze with the tint, but unfortunately, in MI, no tint is allowed below the top 4" of the front side windows and windshield. I am considering just going with 50% in the front with a 5% strip across the tops of the front side windows and windshield, with 5% on the rear doors and 35% on the rear windshield. I'm not too terribly worried about getting hassled, but I'd like to avoid inviting trouble if possible. I'll consider it a bit longer, I'm not rushing to spend any more money at the moment, but tint is at the top of my upgrades list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts