Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at how low the fuel gauge is... and how many miles to empty. :)

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Auto part Speedometer

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
You know, you two really should get a room. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
It is amazing, my first tank I went like 711 and light just came on and I don't think it was completely full. I always thought previously when I went 500 was cool. 750 to 800 is pretty possible.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
It is amazing, my first tank I went like 711 and light just came on and I don't think it was completely full. I always thought previously when I went 500 was cool. 750 to 800 is pretty possible.
My best is 833 on a tank. I think 850 is possible with the right weather.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Nice! I have gone 730 to a tank so far. It was great to drive up to Washington D.C. and back on one tank.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Here's the known list of Cruzes with tank ranges in excess of 800 miles:

UsernameDistanceYearTrim
Sperry9722014CTD
567Chief9002014CTD
Jorday8772014CTD
Tomko8332014CTD
obermd8142012ECO MT

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Did you modify the tank in your Eco?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Did you modify the tank in your Eco?
No. Follow the link in my sig for the thread. I kept a diary of that tank.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
When I had a 14 Eco 6 speed, I did 700 miles one tank, was on fumes. It just takes forever to over fill the Eco tank, it can be done it just takes 10-15 minutes and just a little at a time. I think whoever thought 3 gallons of gasoline was going to make any difference was being just naive. I don't personally miss that restriction on the fuel tank.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
When I had a 14 Eco 6 speed, I did 700 miles one tank, was on fumes. It just takes forever to over fill the Eco tank, it can be done it just takes 10-15 minutes and just a little at a time. I think whoever thought 3 gallons of gasoline was going to make any difference was being just naive. I don't personally miss that restriction on the fuel tank.
18 lbs of weight. This was just one of the weight reducing mods Chevy did to get the 28 City MPG EPA estimate. I agree that in the real world it isn't really worth it and I almost never fill my tank that full. First dollar after first click is my normal stop point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.