Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2013 sonic rs
The dealer replaced the injectors, temp sensor.
There is a tick from the purge solenoid and still the injectors which I'm not concerned about.

I have this intermittent louder ticking, it comes on at start up, middle of driving, maybe not at all one day, or all day driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, 2 dealers had it and were unable to replicate to experience the noise. I'm waiting to be approved for a Sonic forum

·
Registered
166 Posts
They replaced the injectors for that ticking noise....?

It's sounds like the lifters. Possibility it's the timing chain guide up top but I think that sounds slightly different.

Have you paid attention to when the noise happens. After it's at operating temperature? After it's been sitting for a long time/overnight?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they never heard this noise the entire 3 weeks I left it with them. The injectors sound the same after they were changed. The purge valve is making noise as well which I'm going to replace anyway.

It happens anytime, intermittently: start up, while driving for a few kms, not at all one day, sometimes all day. There is no temp gauge but it happens whether Ive been driving for 30 minutes or 5 min. It can not be there and 2 start/off times later it will be there.

I'm hearing a noise with a stethoscope under the valve cover, I am suspecting lifters as well but the sporadicity of it is confusing.
There's oil.
I bought the car used with 87,000km and 800km later experienced this noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pulled the valve cover off, the bolts holding the timing guide were loose.

Replaced the valve cover with OEM from the dealer, replaced purge valve solenoid.

Unrelated tinted my fog lights yellow lol see how it drives over the next few days :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Pulled the valve cover off, the bolts holding the timing guide were loose.

Replaced the valve cover with OEM from the dealer, replaced purge valve solenoid.

Unrelated tinted my fog lights yellow lol see how it drives over the next few days :)
Hopefully it was something simple like that guide.

Be careful with those extra horses. That like 10 horse power worth of stickers by tinting your fog lights.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts