Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discount Tire Direct is having a nice sale on tires with stackable rebates. Looking at stocking a set of replacements for the Cruze, which will need replacing this fall. I've been reading better reviews on say the P7 tires as well as the PureContacts vs the FuelMax's which are the aftermarket version, since my LT wheels are 16's.

Long story short, can get a set of the aftermarket FuelMax's for $200 (after rebates) shipped to my door and would just have to get them installed, which I've got someone to do. Versus if I were to say get the P7s or PureContacts for $280 / $300. Talking about an extra 50% price increase for upgrading and not sure it will be worth it. I will be running winter tires since I live in Michigan during the cold months and will be putting on about 35k miles a year. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have the H rated PureContacts on my 1LT. Hands down the best tire I have ever owned. They have super traction in all conditions, handle great, are quiet, ride nice, and gave me an extra MPG around town. They are also wearing awesome and feel incredibly stable. When I balanced them, they hardly needed any weights either. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anybody. They still impress me even after 4 months!

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Registered
78 Posts
How about the Conti DWS? I've heard that they are good all season tires. Will be getting these tires in the near future.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I've heard that contis are notoriously difficult to balance - thereby pointing to poor quality control.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I think there is a lot of personal preference to tires, plus we may live in much different driving conditions, Michigan can get a lot of snow, someone in the south may drive in lots of rain, someone living in a very dry conditions may need a different tire that deal with heat better. I am happy so far with the Oem tires on my CTD.

Reactions: obermd
1 - 5 of 5 Posts