Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...crap. I have no idea how this happened, but it looks like something scratched the paint just above my door. Looks deep, too.

Any advice as to what I can use to make these go away?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks like some stood there and did that.Scratches look to deep to buff out.. touch up paint would be the cheapest route unless u want a paint job

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Those are blue jean button scratches. Someone leaned against your car.

·
17,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are blue jean button scratches. Someone leaned against your car.
...on the roof?! They're one tall drink of water!

Looks like some stood there and did that.Scratches look to deep to buff out.. touch up paint would be the cheapest route unless u want a paint job
Le frown.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
those are too deep to buff, that is going to need to be repainted.

·
17,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Good come back GO away lolquit crying about the scratches.
I would be beyond pissed if this were me. Some of us look at our cars as more than just a form of transportation.

Also:

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
...on the roof?! They're one tall drink of water!

Le frown.
Didn't catch the location. It still looks to me like someone leaned on your car though.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Maybe someone was carrying something and though they would avoid your mirrors by lifting it above the car. Had something like this happen to the side of my truck that put a big gouge in the door. Very mad.

I'd say touch up paint. With a steady hand, you should be able to make it look nice enough to pass. Buuut....a bright orange paint job with stripes could be a better solution.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Bad grammar in this thread get over the scratches you will live cry babies.
Good come back GO away lolquit crying about the scratches.
Didn't I ban you for a week already? I think I did, and didn't I say that if you come back with this attitude that I'd make it permanent?

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-ch...ruze-slow-i-say-bs-post175345.html#post175345

See you in 7 days...or not...doesn't make a difference to me. Come back with the same attitude and I'll be more than happy to make it permanent.
Yeah, it seems I did give that warning.

Enjoy the permanent ban. You've deserved it.

·
17,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe someone was carrying something and though they would avoid your mirrors by lifting it above the car. Had something like this happen to the side of my truck that put a big gouge in the door. Very mad.

I'd say touch up paint. With a steady hand, you should be able to make it look nice enough to pass. Buuut....a bright orange paint job with stripes could be a better solution.
That actually sounds pretty plausible. My car was sitting at Home Depot a few days ago.

If it were an older car that I wasn't still paying off, I'd probably go for the touch-up paint. As it is though, I'd rather have it look good...and my past results with touch-up paint haven't been that great. I've only even waxed it once, for goodness sake.

I think my insurance might cover it under non-collision, depending on if the repair is more or close to my $250 deductible.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS. Stupid careless people.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I guess on the top of the door there, with the plastic piece behind it and all the plastic window trim, it might be quick and easy to respray. I imagine BGM is a tough one to match though.

·
17,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They did a pretty good job with matching the metallic blue on my Volvo, but if you look at it in extremely bright sunlight from a few feet away, you do notice it a little bit.

There's a dent on the hood on the Cruze I've been putting off having fixed by PDR anyway...

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Well...crap. I have no idea how this happened, but it looks like something scratched the paint just above my door. Looks deep, too.

Hmmm,
The first pic looks like random scratches......your second shot looks like YU..P......weird.

Anyways, to find out if the mark is only in the clear get ahold of a product like Scratch Out.

Using a micro-fiber and your index finger and a bit of force, work the product against the mark......almost like you are sanding it with the Scratch Out.

If it is only the clear coat that was damaged, the marks will begin to lighten and continued polishing will take them off.
If there is no change in appearance, then its too deep and a paint shop will have to give it a look.

Good luck,
Rob

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Not sure if this will help. I bought Dr. Color Chip for my GTO, but my scratches are not that deep (torque wrench slide down the front bumper cover)and I have solid color (Pulse Red).

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
With a color that dark with such big scratches, touch paint will look awful

1 - 18 of 18 Posts