Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife hit a deer this morning on the way to Thanksgiving Dinner. CTD mowed it down as you would expect but sustained some damage. Haven't put the code scanner on it, it starts fine but says the stabilizes I needs servicing and throws most lights on the dash. There's a few good body shops here, but I'm thinking it will go to a dealer because of the possible engine computer issues. Not real happy with the local dealer we purchased it from, they had to put it on the rack a take of a front tire to change the oil filter. Anyone around ATX who has good CTD experiences with a dealer?

Pics to follow once I get something to eat and have a nap.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Does the diesel have shutters? That's the most likely thing to trigger a code. Otherwise, I'd have a look around and see what got damaged.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Family car

Sorry its sideways, ways, I didn't take it. She was going 70-75mph, didn't brake or swerve. Once it got back to the house I gave it a quick look and fired it up. It looks like the radiator support on the drivers side moved back and the hood hit the passenger side fender jus below the A Pilar. All the other damage is obvious in this pic, no air bags and it sounds fine when I start it, just throws every light on the dash and says the stabilitrac needs to be serviced. I have to get to Thanksgiving gathering so I didn't have time to throw the code scanner on it to see what that says.

Im very impressed with the way it held up, looking through the hole where the light used to be it looks like the turbo and the DPF should be fine. My guess is the headlight hit the back quarter of the deer and she was fortunate that it went up or out to the side enough not to spin and hit the rear fender. I didn't look, but my guess is the shutters aren't seriously damaged. If my neighbor didn't have a wrecker I think it would have made it another 5 miles to where she was going, but decided to play it safe and not upset the diesel and it's many sensors until I was sure what was going on.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Sounds like she was OK?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like she was OK?
Wife is fine and now that I've put a scanner on the CTD I think it will be as well. It's throwing codes for an O2 heater, head light and an ABS sensor, my guess is that it lost a ground somewhere and there's nothing wrong mechanically once all of the bent pieces get straightened out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts