Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my water outlet about 15 months ago (before all the turbo and cat work!) with a Dorman 902-846, hoping that their design and lifetime warranty might make for a better part. Today I had to change it again because the radiator hose connection split -- perfectly ... as if I used a hacksaw and cut a half-inch piece off, which was still in the hose. Luckily it happened in the garage apparently after my son drove home today. Overall didn't lose much coolant (about 1/3 gallon).

It MAY be that the work on the turbo/etc stressed the piece causing the failure ... certainly the incompetent techs at Bunnin Chevrolet in Santa Barbara screwed up a few other things, so it is definitely possible. But it seems it still shouldn't break. I got it exchanged under the "lifetime warranty" at Auto Zone, where they informed me that the lifetime is up ... just one exchange allowed (contacting Dorman to verify that).

But I am wondering if anyone makes one that is actually better than OEM, or if OEM was finally improved, like they improved the PCV system (kidding ... I know that's still crap). Perhaps I should just keep a few as spares in the garage ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi.
I bought from Amazon the Gm genuine part and I’m happy. I had a small leaking from the small hose that go to the spare water tank and it’s fix my problem. I replace it myself and all was good just be sure to clean well and oil the O-ring

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
4,117 Posts
@Thebigzeus actually showed me this one:

When my current one fails, I'm definitely buying it!

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,703 Posts

Same! That thing is slick

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,703 Posts
Reactions: JLL

·
Registered
224 Posts

I just replaced my factory one with a new GM one. If it fails again, I'm getting this one. Thanks for the link. (y) 🖖

Reactions: JLL
1 - 7 of 7 Posts