Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Racer X coolant neck looks like the perfect replacement for the plastic one. Unfortunately for me I could not wait for the part as the car needed to be on the road immediately. Just replaced my second water outlet after about 2 years but at least it was warrantied so I did not have to pay for it the second time.

IMO I found that the necks that break off are linked to the spring hose clamps. First time repair was the line to the, I think it's the turbo or oil cooler, (neck of the outlet crumbled and it had a spring style clamp) so when I replaced the water outlet and hose I went with a worm style clamp. Howeverrrrr, I left the spring clamp on the hose to the radiator. Fast forward to today and that neck sheered off clean. So this go around everyone gets worm clamps (and new hoses).

If I sheer another one then I will go with Racer X. Thanks to posting the part!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's ironic that you say that...

Read post #691 that I posted yesterday.

Well I guess that settles it.....the evidence is in.....too much pressure for the plastic as it gets old, combined with the expanding of the hose while that spring clamp keeps applying pressure, until the neck crumbles or gets sheered off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts