Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been reading a lot of threads on subs on here but didn't find what im looking to do. I have installed many stereos since the old pull outs (pre removable faces :)) But when I changed those stereos it was a whole system & had pre amp RCA's. My car is a 2014 ltz with the navigation & pioneer stereo all stock. I was wondering can I just tap into the rear sub wires for audio signal? does it need a crossover to bring the signal to a acceptable
level? Is crossovers still used? :( I been thinking of the premade ones that is on the sticky on the top on audio forum page, but too many combos to choose from :( This is why I been thinking of the good Ole bass tubes that I have had before & been good for price & size. here is a couple of links of what I been looking at. PS I bought a used white bass tube as the link below will show you what I'm talking about. I didn't work , used now I have to send it back. :(

also a link to the wiring diagram for the bass tube. thanks for all your help in advanced

BAZOOKA Mobile Audio - Tech Wiring Diagrams

Bazooka BTA8250D BT Series 160-watt powered 8" Bass Tubes® enclosure at Crutchfield.com

JL Audio ACP108LG-W3v3 MicroSub+â„¢ 250-watt 8" powered subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

JL Audio ACS110LG-TW1 PowerWedge+â„¢ 10" powered subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
117 Posts
Should be able to use the audio to the sub for inputs. Bazooka prefers the use of the high level inputs any way. I had a 100w 8 inch tube before, It was ok. The 8 inch band pass sound ordnance i also ran in the same car was decently fun! Sir mix a lot's baby got back shook the car with the band pass though it wasn't very musical.
Talk with one of the Crutchfield advisors to they can help. Good thing about Crutchfield is returns are easy if you don't like it. they for the most part can tell you all you need to install a product. I love Crutchfield.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If using the sub output's you might not need the crossover in the amp. The 250 tube has a adjustable crossover I would try it with the crossover set to the highest frequency, or you could use both crossovers together for a steeper slope.
I haven't checked how the sub is wired on your car. It likely has only speaker wires to the factory sub. If the amp is back there to it would be even easier to install as you could use the factory power and ground wires. Though only the 80 and 100w tubes are recommended for that. The 250w tubes have a 8guage wire requirement per bazooka

1 - 3 of 3 Posts