Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a problem with the front right breaks squeaking for a few months now. I've taken the caliber and disks off the car and inspected them, looked great, in fact still looked new. I sprayed on a couple coats of that orange stuff that's supposed to stop the squeaks but it didn't work. Any other ideas? I hate to buy new pads, these still look great!

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Where did you spray the lube? Did you pull the pads from the calipers and make sure the backing plates had the grease between them and the pads? Are the pad surfaces or rotor surfaces glazed?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you spray the lube? Did you pull the pads from the calipers and make sure the backing plates had the grease between them and the pads? Are the pad surfaces or rotor surfaces glazed?
I sprayed it on the back of the bads according to the instructions. I don't think its a lube, its more like red paint. The pads are not glazed.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I sprayed it on the back of the bads according to the instructions. I don't think its a lube, its more like red paint. The pads are not glazed.
If you didn't pull the pads from the calipers and put the "lube" between the anti-squeal plates and the back of the pads themselves, you likely didn't get it where it needs to be. Are these the original factory pads or a replacement? If so, what brand and name?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you didn't pull the pads from the calipers and put the "lube" between the anti-squeal plates and the back of the pads themselves, you likely didn't get it where it needs to be. Are these the original factory pads or a replacement? If so, what brand and name?
They are the original factory pads. They had no anti-squeal plates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts