Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just bought a pair of Trico Force windshield wipers to prep for winter (since my OEM ones don't seem like they'll make it through!)

Now.. I can get the old blades on and off no problem, but the trico ones just don't want to click in. Anyone installed these/know the secret? I feel like I'm going to rip the arm off the car trying to push it in... so I don't think that's the right way ha.

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Yeah i too will be interested in using the trico wiper blades when i purchase the cruze. Hope you get your answer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I purchased those, and had a heck of a time with the passenger side. got the driver side on no problem, but same problem with the pass. side. i took them back to get my money back and the guy at orileys came out to put it on and broke 3 different clips trying to get it on. after fighting it for a half hour, we finally took the clip out of the stock blade and put it in the new one and it snapped right in. I love the blades now though.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Looking at the photos online of that blade it looks almost identical to the Bosch Icon Blades. I installed a set of icons with no issues at all. Bosch also sells a blade called the marathon at walmart that is a dead ringer for the icon blade for about $5 less than the real thing.

I was really surprised how heavy the drivers side blade on the cruze is with that giant air foil attached, the icon blade sticks off the windshield about half as far, so should be more aerodynamic besides being lighter.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
2004 Cavalier windshield wiper blades lasted seven years, played around with aftermarket blades, even with skills and very unhappy results. Finally went back to my Chevy dealer, not only new blades, but the holders as well. And the price was even cheaper than what Fleetfarm or any auto store had available.

Cruze has the quietest blades of any vehicle I have ever owned. So why switch to anything except OE? Now if they want a million bucks for a new set of blades, then I may play around.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I purchased those, and had a heck of a time with the passenger side. got the driver side on no problem, but same problem with the pass. side. i took them back to get my money back and the guy at orileys came out to put it on and broke 3 different clips trying to get it on. after fighting it for a half hour, we finally took the clip out of the stock blade and put it in the new one and it snapped right in. I love the blades now though.
Maybe I'll swap the clips, because these things don't look like they're going to go in...and I mean a J-Hook is a J-Hook! Glad to know I'm not the only one who has had difficulty putting them in.

Looking at the photos online of that blade it looks almost identical to the Bosch Icon Blades. I installed a set of icons with no issues at all. Bosch also sells a blade called the marathon at walmart that is a dead ringer for the icon blade for about $5 less than the real thing.

I was really surprised how heavy the drivers side blade on the cruze is with that giant air foil attached, the icon blade sticks off the windshield about half as far, so should be more aerodynamic besides being lighter.
Unfortunately walmart, nor Canadian Tire sell Bosch blades where I live. I'm limited to Rain X, Trico, and then store brands.

2004 Cavalier windshield wiper blades lasted seven years, played around with aftermarket blades, even with skills and very unhappy results. Finally went back to my Chevy dealer, not only new blades, but the holders as well. And the price was even cheaper than what Fleetfarm or any auto store had available.

Cruze has the quietest blades of any vehicle I have ever owned. So why switch to anything except OE? Now if they want a million bucks for a new set of blades, then I may play around.
Switching AWAY from OEM because as I said, I don't think they'll last the winter. They hardly do they're job as it is currently (streaks galore). I've tried cleaning them and putting whatever I can, but it doesn't seem to work. So because of that, I'm going to be putting on a different type of blade.

I'm not so much hung up on price, but moreso something that actually works.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I had a set of the Bosch Icons on the P5 and insect goo cut one of them right in the middle of the viewing area. They were about a year old at the time. I replaced them with a set of the Trico Force blades. I had a bit of a fiddle getting one on, but it clicked in without damage. I've used Bosch blades for years and like them a lot. The ones on my Civic are several years old and still work great. I thought I'd give the Tircos a try and so far, so good.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I used a little elbow grease and got the passenger side on, but the driver's side snapped like chevyboy. Hopefully CT will replace, or I'll just end up having to buy a small one for the clip only. Here's hoping!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my TRICO Force blades. I have had a set on my car since last year and they work great.. Previously I had Icon blades which did not work good on my vehicle, I did have a family member who broke an adapter while trying to install their blades and they contacted TRICO who sent them a new one.

I would suggest if you have a problem sending in request to them through their contact us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts