Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i have been searching for awhile, not real seriously until recently. Need to replace an '07 focus S (stripper hand crank windows, no cruise control) whose only redeeming feature was the 5-speed stick. Focus has 228,000 miles and has been a reliable car, but the weekly commute takes me thru pretty desolate areas at night. I had considered an ST Focus, with the high end package, but while i was trying to decide it sold. Remaining ones i have found are not nearly as well equipped.
I've liked the Sonic and Cruze, but don't really care for an automatic, even knowing how the fuel economy is probably better with the auto, etc....using autotrader, i cannot find many (any?) Gasoline, 6MT, hatches with sun and sound and RS pkg. at a minimum. Guess i might have to take one of the considerable premier hatches equipped the way i want, but again, I'd rather not have an auto.
I've searched a lot of dealer websites, ad well as auto trader and am asking members here for help if you know of a dealer with any. I've tried the Chevrolet web site, but i can't get it to search any more than a few dealers somewhat close. Pretty willing to travel if i find one I like. Also would be open to diesel as well. But in a hatchback. With that an an early '70s ford truck, i don't really need anything else. And maybe i missed it in the brochure, maybe you can't even get the manual with a sunroof. I'd hate to think I've missed all the ones I'd consider and have to shop a corolla hatch or something. I apologize for this rambling post, but thanks for reading.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can't speak as well for the gas versions but I can tell you the Diesel hatch manual is a very hard to find combination. I recently bought one but could only find a few at most in the US that fit that description and had to go a few states away to get it. One of the ones I saw is still on ebay (in NC) (silver 18 diesel hatch 6 speed with only a few k on it) though I still think the ask is a tad high (though they may well get it given the scarcity)

Unless you have your heart set on the Diesel you'll probably be better with gas and can probably find one that fits your needs and is likely priced competitively. Granted most are auto but many nicely equipped brand new ones are listing not too far from what i paid used. I can say that the manual diesel didn't offer the sunroof only the auto did. These are rough times to be in the market for a new manual as they are disappearing rapidly. Consider the hatch is a fairly small subset of Cruze production, the manual is a small percentage of that, and the diesel is even harder to find. On a venn diagram it would be minuscule. The fiesta ST would be fun if its big enough for you and depending on how big a factor fuel efficiency is for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts