Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 17 Cruze Diesel Manual, and it only has 5000 miles on it. Pulled in to a drive thru yesterday, turned off my car, when I fired it back up, it started and was still trying to start, so I shut it off. When I turned it back on, it makes a rattling noise only when I press in on the clutch. This sucks. I was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
The dual-mass flywheel locking up is a relatively common issue on the M32 manual. Already happened to one 6MT Diesel here.

Something like this?

·
17,486 Posts
Sounds somewhat similar - in my case, the TOB and flywheel were both bad.

In any case, it's still under warranty, but sucks that it failed THIS soon. I think the other diesel had around 20K on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an appointment on 14th, hopefully a new one will last longer than 5000 miles, hopefully this isnt a start of a bunch of repairs. Thank you for thoughts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I go to take my cruze in, and the morning I take it stops making the noise. I dropped it off anyways. They test drove it for the past 5 days. I doesn't make the noise at all. I know they test drove each day, cause my dash cam captured their drives. The day it started making the noise, I had stopped at a gas station and filled up with Diesel before my drive thru situation. I seemed like there was alot of air coming out when I first started pumping. Wondering if maybe air and the hill assist feauture somehow helped make the noise as well as the fill I was getting with the clutch. I DONT KNOW. Noise is gone, but if it comes back I will post

·
17,486 Posts
High load conditions seemed to make mine act up. So, climbing mountains at highway speeds in 5th/6th, and sometimes intentionally lugging it from a stop (launching in 2nd and fighting the stall or something) made it so I was able to duplicate @ the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts