Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to various sources, the Chevy Cruze (the version we on this forum know of, not the suzuki joint venture one produced prior) was produced as early as 2008, I'm assuming for the 2009 model year. I don't know how far this forum reaches and if their are people on here from outside USA but if so, if like to know how well those of you who have a 2008 produced Cruze are holding up. How many miles on the odometer? What major service if any has been done. And the most important quest how much corrosion/rust have you experienced and where?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm sure the 08 will be the same apart from the minor upgrades that we all know about , certain covers and what not all cars now days agalvanized so it will be purely down to the environment and the owner a 2008 cruze that's been babied and garaged as apposed to a 2012 that has been thrashed and kept outside in a rusty environment will have more corrosion and wear etc , kind of a strange question but why do you ask considering your in Canada? Only the uk and other countries got a 08 mainly to do with the British touring car championship , which the car was entered in befor it was even a production car , true story

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
We've had a couple of members with 2010 and I think one with a 2009.

·
Registered
990 Posts
A lot of the 2008 to 2010 models were knock downs so service is handled differently with the 1.8/1.6 engine. but from what ive seen on trips to china they are holding up well with corrosion compared to others in that class. we do have a few members in Korea with the early models

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cruze was coming into Europe in 2009 and we got it into Finland in beginning of 2010.
What I've understood, not any big problems with the early ones, not rusting more than other cars here, though we have our roads heavily salted in winter.
In other words, I have understood the early ones are as good as newer ones and they all are more reliable than cars generally here and even stays from rusting quite well. But in the other hand, all Cruzes have a reputation of cheap Korean cars which people, who do not know better and still think they know, have a habit to look down your nose. But really, not any bad news from here, I've heard nothing.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have a 2009 Korean-built Manual Diesel.

It's done 77777km, as of today, and is fine, no mechanical problems, just services, fluids, brakes, and tyres.

It's a better build than the German-built Astra that it replaced, and a sight cheaper to maintain!

Every now and then I think about playing with the suspension, just to make it a bit tighter, but I really can't justify the cost.

No corrosion or rust - but Australia is not a country where snow falls in cities. (It barely even falls on the continent, so why would it waste it's time in town??!?!? :) )

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My main reason for asking is that I GM put the Cruze through a test that would simulate 10 years of wear and tare. I wanted to see how the Cruze actually held up in real time because we all know that those test can't truly prove how well it will hold up against rust and corrosion because that's something that can only be proven with actual time. So what better way to find out that to talk to those owning the oldest Cruzen in the world so to speak. I mean that means only 6 years but that's still a halfway mark to 10. Unfortunately cars where I live by 6 years due tend to look like garbage but I think those people didn't take care to protect them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello tutti.Scrivo in Italy,
and I have a cruze 2010, 150 hp diesel version LT with 75000 KM.Non a problem, all OK.
Spero to have helped with this my post.
pedro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts